- Product 581339
Genelec 8030A Bi-Amplified Monitor System
- Write a Review
The very compact 8030A is a powerful bi-amplified nearfield monitor system ideal for project and home studios, workstations, installations, and surro...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A compact monitor with excellent directivity and accurate sonic imaging.
The very compact 8030A is a powerful bi-amplified nearfield monitor system ideal for project and home studios, workstations, installations, and surround sound monitoring. The MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) enclosure has rounded edges and a gently curved front and sides to achieve a very smooth frequency response and superb imaging qualities with minimized cabinet edge diffraction.
Like all Genelec 8000 Series monitors, the 8030A also features the advanced Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW), a revolutionary flow-optimized reflex port design, optimized die-cast aluminium structure with extremely durable semi-matt finish and acoustically optimized metal grilles. Low distortion drivers are driven by dedicated amplifiers after sophisticated filtering. Magnetic shielding, overload protection circuitry and versatile room response controls are standard. The versatile mounting features include integrated rear support points for wall and floor stands plus a further 3/8" thread for mounting on the cabinet base.
Every Genelec 8030A monitor comes with an Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler) as standard. The Iso-Pod is a clever mounting stand, which allows the system to perform in either the vertical or horizontal position. It also enables the acoustic axis of the monitor to be aimed at the listener, while acoustically and mechanically decoupling the monitor from the surface it is resting on.
- Compact Bi-Amplified Active Monitor
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) flow-optimized reflex port design
- MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) Loudspeaker Design
- Advanced Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) Technology
- 3/4" (19 mm) Metal Dome Tweeter
- 5" (105 mm) Bass Cone Driver
- Bass Response Reaches Down To 58 Hz
- Separate Bass And Treble Amplifiers Produce 40 Watts Of Output Power Each
- Includes Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler)
- Near Field Monitoring
- Audio Video Post Production
- Mobile Vans
- Home Theaters
- Project / Home Studios
- Digital Workstations
- Multimedia Production and Playback
8030A Bi-Amplified Monitor System
- Input format: Analog
- SPL: Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz: ≥100 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material: ≥108 dB SPL @ 1m
- Bass: 5"
- Treble: 3/4" metal dome
- Crossover frequencies: 3 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 58 Hz - 20 kHz (± 2 dB)
- Amplifier power /ch:
- Bass: 40 W
- Treble: 40 W
- Speaker dimensions (H x W x D): 11 1/4" x 7 7/16" x 7 1/16", (285 x 189 x 178 mm)
- Speaker weight: 5.6 kg (12.3 lb)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Sound
- Easy To Use
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about Genelec 8030A Bi-Amplified Monitor System:
These monitors are incredible. I used 1031s back in the day and I thought they were excellent,too. These speakers do not fatigue you ears. They are not the "prettiest" sounding, but that`s not what you want in a recording environment. You want them to be truthful. After my last monitors went the way of the dodo, I bought these. Wish I had done that years ago. I heard things on projects I had recorded I did not hear on my Haflers (TRM 8).
The only monitor I`ve worked with that was better than the 1031s was a Klein and Hummel. But they are outrageously expensive.