- Product 485668
Glyph GT Key Drive
- Write a Review
The Glyph GT Key Drive is fully hot-swappable using Glyph's proprietary integrity FireWire 800 interface, the GT Key800 is interchangeable among the ...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
A portable FireWire 800 SATA-based removable drive
The Glyph GT Key Drive is fully hot-swappable using Glyph's proprietary integrity FireWire 800 interface, the GT Key800 is interchangeable among the GT 051, GT 103, GT 205, and GT 308 FireWire enclosures.
High Quality Storage Mechanism
The GT Key uses 7,200 and 5,900 RPM Seagate drives with Oxford's 924 chip, and performs at bus speeds roughly double that of FireWire 400. Seagate's SATA drives incorporate Native Command Queuing (NCQ), an algorithm that reschedules and reorders commands, improving drive efficiency. In an audio environment, NCQ can improve the number of audio tracks that can be played, often by as much as 15% over PATA drives using FireWire 400.
The Glyph GT Key 800 is constructed with stainless steel fully surrounding the drive. It features a Key Lock on the front handle, and is vented for front to back air flow.
Backward and Forward Compatibility
FireWire 800 GT Keys are backward-compatible with all GT Series FireWire 400 enclosures because both versions use the same hot-swap technology, Glyph's integrity FireWire interface. Additionally, older FireWire 400 GT Key drives are forward-compatible with FireWire 800 versions of the GT 051 tabletop hot-swap enclosure, and the GT 103 three-bay single-space rack. Upgrading your studio to FireWire 800 can be seamless while you maintain your investment in FireWire 400 GT Keys.
Portable & Protected
The Glypg GT Key drive ships in a hard-shell protective carrying case, so transporting your Keys between sites can be stress-free knowing that your drives are protected.
The best warranty in the industry includes a 3 Year Full Warranty, 2 Years of Free Level I Data Recovery, and 1 Year of Free Overnight Advance Replacement.
- FireWire 800 SATA-based Removable Drive
- Compatible with FireWire 400 and 800 GT enclosures
- Uses 7,200 and 5,900 RPM Seagate drives with Oxford's 924 chip
- Constructed with stainless steel fully surrounding the drive
- Hardshell Carrying Case Included
- 3 Year Warranty
- 2 Year Free Basic Data Recovery
- Advance Replacement in 1st year of warranty
GT Key Drive
- Glyph part number: GTKEY1800-x (x = capacity GTKEY1800-1500)
- Capacities: 160GB | 250GB | 500GB | 750GB | 1TB | 1.5TB | 2TB
- Rotational speed (RPM)
- 160GB - 1.5TB (7,200RPM)
- 2TB (5,900 or 7,200 RPM)
- Interface connectivity
- Glyph's integrity Hot-Swap Interface
- FireWire 800
- Bridging chipset: Oxford 924
- Average seek time: 8ms
- Maximum transfer rate: 100MB/sec (800Mb/sec)
- Sustained transfer rate: 70MB/sec
- Cache size
- 8MB (160GB | 250GB)
- 16MB (500GB | 750GB)
- 32MB (1TB | 1.5TB | 2TB)
- Power Supply: Gets power from enclosure
- Dimensions and weight
- Height: 1.1 inches
- Width: 4.6 inches
- Depth: 9.4 inches
- Weight: 2.9 pounds (1.3kg)