- Product 485667
Glyph GT062E Tabletop Firewire 800, USB 2.0 and eSATA Enclosure
- Write a Review
The original GT 062 became a standard in both the audio and video production worlds. The updated Glyph GT 062E tabletop interface improves on a good ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
With tons of speed and reliability, the GT 062E interface is ideal for audio and video editing, content creation, and huge sound libraries.
The original GT 062 became a standard in both the audio and video production worlds. The updated Glyph GT 062E tabletop interface improves on a good thing by adding an eSATA port, which enables over 200MB/s sustained transfer rate in RAID 0 mode. Using Oxford's 936DSE chip, the GT 062E supports higher capacity drives, allowing RAID 0 and Spanning capacities up to 4TB. Connected by FireWire 800, USB 2.0, or eSATA (with Glyph's HighPoint card on Mac OS), the Glyph GT 062E interface drive reports the health of the two internal drives using Glyph Manager software. With dual Seagate SATA drives under the hood, there's plenty of speed for applications like Final Cut Pro, Avid Xpress, and Adobe Premiere. With tons of speed and reliability, the Glyph GT 062E interface is ideal for audio and video editing, content creation, and huge sound libraries.
Configurable in Three Drive Modes
RAID 1 offers data redundancy and real-time backup by writing the same data to the two hard drives at the same time. Should a drive failure happen, data is still available on the remaining drive.
RAID 0 (striping) increases the performance of the drive system by spreading the data across two drives. RAID 0 is a proven technology for editing video, working with huge graphics files, sound libraries, and streaming instruments that play hundreds of samples simultaneously. RAID 0 is the default shipping drive mode. Spanning mode simply shows the two internal drives as one large volume.
3TB and 4TB models support Pro Tools only when configured in RAID 1 mode.
Similar looks, advanced functionality.
With the GT 062E tabletop interface drive, Glyph Manager has also greatly expanded in functionality. A software utility for setting the GT 062E drive mode, Glyph Manager 4 also displays health status of the GT 062E case and drives inside. The updated version reports case temperature, fan speed, individual drives' health status and temperature, as well as any drive errors or rebuild failures. Glyph Manager constantly monitors the health of the GT 062E interface as a background task using S.M.A.R.T. commands, and if a problem is detected, it alerts the user by blinking the front LED red, and bouncing an icon in the Mac OS X dock or displaying an error balloon from the Windows System Tray. By predicting drive failure, you have a chance to backup your data before any is lost.
Stylish Protective Enclosure
The GT 062E is constructed with a scratch-resistant black powder-coated aluminum chassis, as well as a unique 1/8" thick brushed stainless steel face plate. The aluminum chassis offers additional heat transfer properties while allowing the drive to be lightweight and portable.
Professionals know that a high quality power supply is one of the most important components in any piece of equipment. Glyph uses internal power supplies in all GT series products for this reason. All internal power supplies are fully auto-switching for international use.
Portable & Rackable
The GT 062E ships in a hard-shell plastic case, so transporting your 062E between sites can be stress-free knowing that your drive is protected. Optional rack-mounting kits for either one or two drives in a 1U rack space are also available.
The best warranty in the industry includes a 3 Year Full Warranty, 2 Years of Free Level I Data Recovery, and 1 Year of Free Overnight Advance Replacement.
There is a current limitation with large volumes in Windows. GT 062E does not show up correctly in Windows while connected via eSATA (Models above 2TB).
Older versions of Windows, such as 2000 and XP 32-bit, use Master Boot Record which doesn't support volumes larger than 2TB. When the total capacity of the RAID is 2TB or higher, you must format the array using GPT in Windows.
- Desktop Dual HDD - 5,900 and 7,200 RPM
- eSATA, FireWire 800, USB 2.0
- RAID 0, RAID 1, and Spanning drive modes
- Brushed, stainless steel face plate 1/8" thick (3MM)
- Scratch-resistant black powder-coated aluminum chassis
- Engineered to support professional audio and video
- Supports three software-selectable drive modes: RAID 1, RAID 0, and Spanning
- 200MB/sec sustained transfer rate
- Internal power supply, no wall wart, internal quiet fan
- Ships in hard-shell plastic carrying case
- 3 Year Warranty
- 2 Year Free Basic Data Recovery
- Advance Replacement in 1st year of warranty
- Glyph part number: GT062E1F-x (x = drive capacity. GT062E1F-4000)
- Capacities: 500GB // 1TB // 1.5TB // 2TB // 3TB* // 4TB*
- *3TB and 4TB models support Pro Tools only when configured in RAID 1 mode
- Rotational speed (RPM)
- 500GB - 3TB (7,200RPM)
- 4TB (5,900 or 7,200 RPM)
- Interface connectivity
- eSATA - One port
- FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) - Two 9-pin ports
- USB 2.0 Hi-speed (device-side) port
- Bridging chipset: Oxford 936
- Software selectable drive modes: RAID 0, RAID 1, Spanning
- Average seek time: 8ms
- Maximum transfer rate (eSATA port): 3 Gbit/s (300MB/sec)
- Sustained transfer rate (RAID 0, eSATA): 220MB/sec
- Cache size
- 500GB: 16MB (8MB per drive)
- 1TB and 1.5TB: 32MB (16MB per drive)
- 2TB - 4TB: 64MB (32MB per drive)
- Dimensions and weight
- Height: 1.7 inches
- Width: 8.6 inches
- Depth: 9.5 inches
- Weight: 5.9 pounds (2.7kg)
- Power Supply: Internal Universal 100-240v 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption
- 54 Watts during spin up, 27 watts during idle (1TB unit)
- 73 Watts during spin up, 27 watts during idle (3TB unit)
- Compatible Operating Systems
- Apple OS 8.6, 9.X, 10.X
- Microsoft Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista*
- Modern Unix-based, Linux, or BSD
- Glyph Manager 4 supports Vista with Service Pack 1
- Older versions of Windows, such as 2000 and XP 32-bit, use Master Boot Record which doesn't support volumes larger than 2TB. When the total capacity of the RAID is 2TB or higher, you must format the array using GPT in Windows. GPT format is only supported by Windows XP 64-bit Edition, Windows 2003 Server, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Mac OS X. GPT format will not work with XP 32-bit or older Windows operating systems. If you want to use Windows 2000 and/or XP 32-bit, you'll need to run the GT 062E in RAID 1 mode because RAID 1 creates a usable volume that is half the total capacity (1.5TB for the 3TB, and 2TB for the 4TB).
- Content Creation Applications
- Final Cut Pro
- Avid Xpress
- Adobe Premiere
- Digidesign Pro Tools**
- Steinberg Nuendo and Cubase
- Apple Logic
- MOTU Digital Performer
- Cakewalk Sonar
- Sony Vegas
- **3TB and 4TB models support Pro Tools only when configured in RAID 1 mode
- Glyph Manager software installer CD, Hard-shell plastic carrying case, 9-Pin FireWire 800 Cable, USB 2.0 cable (A to Mini-B), IEC Power Cable