- H88762 000000000 H88762000000000
Golden Age Project EQ73 Neve Style EQ
- Write a Review
The class-A circuit used in the EQ-73 has a similar sound characteristic as the classic Neve 1073 module, but without the high pass filter. The sound...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The essence of a vintage EQ, at a price that's easy on the pocket.
The class-A circuit used in the EQ-73 has a similar sound characteristic as the classic Neve 1073 module, but without the high pass filter. The sound is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. The same classic characteristics heard on countless recordings though the years, and it is a versatile sound that works well on multiple different sound sources and genres. Additional frequencies have been added, and the mid frequency band uses two inductors, the higher value of the second one is used for the two lowest frequencies, 160 Hz and 240 Hz, to achieve a suitable response.
The EQ-73 has stepped frequency controls that offers a wide selection of frequencies from 20 Hz to 24 kHz, giving you a wide spectrum to work in. The Low and High frequency bands are shelving and the mid frequency band is a bell type, so you can easily shape the EQ and blend your sound sources into any mix. The control range is +/-15 dB for the two lower bands and +/- 18dB for the high frequency band, and there are separate bypass switches for all three bands.
- Vintage Style electronics, with no integrated circuits in the signal path
- 3-band with a dual inductor based mid frequency band
- Stepped frequency selection
- A wide selection of frequencies from 20 Hz to 24 kHz
- Control range up to +/- 18 dB
- Separate Bypass switches for each band
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path
- Made to be used with any Golden Age PRE-73 models or any other unit with a low level Insert jack
- TRS jack for in-and output connection; nominal working level is around 18 dBu
- Selectable ground lift switch
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits
- Great sound that suits most sound sources and genres
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use
Order now, and start shaping your mixes with vintage style.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Great For Vocals
- Professional Functions
- Very Flexible
- Works With Other Preamps
- No High-pass Filter
- Not For Standalone Use
- Paint Scratches Easily
- Amateur Recording
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about Golden Age Project EQ73 Neve Style EQ:
I took a chance on this unit because I haven't had a chance to use one. While it is recommended for use with a Golden Age preamp, I am using it with a Warm Audio TB12 (ToneBeast), and it works perfectly. It should work with any preamp that has a low-level input between the in- and out-trannies.
While it doesn't have a high-pass filter (the TB12 provides it!), this unit provides hi shelving, and low shelving, as well as a very nice mid freqency bell sweep. The frequencies provided on the dials are spot on. While its not identical to a Neve 1073, it sounds danged good to my ears. Not for surgical use, but if you want to add a little color and sheen to your input as you go to your DAW or tape, this thing delivers in spades.
Careful with the paint job! Its like enamel spray paint, not powder coat, so it scratches really easily. Otherwise, it seems well built and I look forward to using it a lot.