- Product 244230
Hercules DJ 16/12 FW Computer Recording System
- Write a Review
The Hercules 16/12 FireWire Computer Recording System is a plug-and-play solution for PCs and Macs that gives you the deep features and performance y...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A phenomenal deal on a full-fledged FireWire MIDI studio!
The Hercules 16/12 FireWire Computer Recording System is a plug-and-play solution for PCs and Macs that gives you the deep features and performance you need for all-out professional music production. The rugged, rackmountable chassis houses pro-level 24-bit, 96kHz A/D and 24-bit, 192kHz D/A converters and 16 independent inputs plus 12 independent outputs including optical and coaxial S/PDIF I/O. 2 high-quality preamps provide switchable 48V phantom power via Neutrik combo jacks. The Hercules 16/12 has 4 MIDI connectors give you up to 32 channels of I/O and accommodate a master MIDI keyboard and "guest" controller simultaneously. 32 front-panel LEDs indicate the status of all I/Os. Word clock I/O enables perfect, noise-free syncing of digital gear and the unit's hardware-based monitoring is latency-free. The audio engine is upgradable and programmable and drivers are included for Mac OS X, Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP. Ready to use out of the box with a complete audio software bundle, the 16/12 Recording System is compatible with all popular software such as Logic Audio, Cubase, Sonar, etc.
- Hot plug capability - no need to shut down computer
- Pro-level 24-bit, 96kHz A/D and 24-bit, 192kHz D/A converters
- 16 independent inputs plus 12 independent outputs including optical and coaxial S/PDIF I/O
- 2 high-quality preamps with switchable 48V phantom power via Neutrik combo jacks
- 4 MIDI connectors give you up to 32 channels of I/O
- Accommodates a master MIDI keyboard and "guest" controller simultaneously
- 32 front-panel LEDs indicate the status of all I/Os
- 2 independent stereo S/PDIF inputs and outputs in optical and coaxial formats to transfer data to and from DAT, MiniDisc players, or any devices with S/PDIF I/O
- Stereo headphone out with volume control is extremely convenient for mobile use and rapid monitoring
- Wordclock I/O enables perfect, noise-free syncing of digital gear
- Hardware-based monitoring is latency-free
- Audio engine is upgradable and programmable
- Drivers are included for Mac OS X, Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
- Includes audio software bundle
- Compatible with all popular software such as Logic Audio, Cubase, Sonar, etc.
- Supports multiple sampling rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96kHz
- A/D converters: 24-Bit/96kHz, 105 dB
- D/A converters: 24-Bit/192kHz, 114 dB
- 12 analog balanced or unbalanced jacks (2 Neutrik combo (XLR/TRS) connectors)
- 4 digital inputs (stereo optical and stereo coaxial)
- Tailored input levels (Mic 1& 2, Instrument 1 & 2, Line -10 dBV/+4dBu) for direct recording of most audio sources without an external mixer
- 8 analog balanced or unbalanced jacks
- 4 digital outputs (stereo optical and stereo coaxial) support surround sound mixing
- 2 stereo digital outputs for transferring files to DATor a MiniDisk.
Reviewed by 4 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
It's a Great interface for the money, firewire with 16 ins and 12 outs for $299, I have been using it for a while, once you get used to it , it has great functions, the only problem I have is with the interface software from Hercules could be a little better. I use it with Garage Band and Cubase.
It's hard to beat the hercules 1612 in the "bang for the buck" category. It's clean sounding, easy to use and 12 analog inputs can go a long way. I use it with a laptop and Cuebase SX to record the bands I mix live using the direct outs on an Allen & Heath GL2200 board. It's created an additional revinue stream for me, and a service for the the local bands I run sound for. The live monitoring features on this unit are weak and the headphone output is way too low for effective use in a live situation. Other than that, it works great.
I'm producind a Death Metal band with it for two months now and the only thing I lack is more than two zero latency outputs. Good performance and sound.
A Great firewire interface for the money, all those analog ins, and outs. This thing works great, wish the hercules mixer had some more features. BUY IT!!