- Product H97191
IK Multimedia IK SampleTron Software Download
- Write a Review
SampleTron is a virtual instrument that combines the authentic recreation of "Tron" sounds such as Mellotrons, Chamberlins, and Optigans with the pow...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Old analog sounds with new digital control.
SampleTron is a virtual instrument that combines the authentic recreation of "Tron" sounds such as Mellotrons, Chamberlins, and Optigans with the powerful editing and playback features of the SampleTank engine. No other product allows you to manipulate, process and stretch such gritty, emotional and quirky lo-fi sounds all from within a single powerful and easy to use interface like SampleTron.
SampleTron is a virtual instrument made for many styles from hip hop to electronic to classic rock and offers some of the most unique musically useful tones you can imagine. From the nostalgic sounds used by The Beatles, Moody Blues, Genesis, Yes and other rock bands of the 60's and 70's to the modern production of artists like Kanye West, Smashing Pumpkins and Beck to new sonic creations now possible only with SampleTron, the sounds in this package are diverse, powerful and inspiring!
The unique, easily recognizable, and instantly classic sound of the "Tron" instruments started with the Chamberlin keyboards in the 1950's, and peaked with the Mellotron 400, in the 1970's. This precursor to today's samplers used tapes to play back prerecorded sounds at the touch of the keys. These tapes were large and easily broken, but have such a unique compelling sound that it's difficult not to love the nostalgic tone and instant ˜vintage' gratification that comes from hearing one.
One of the amazing things about the "tron" instruments is that, although relatively few have been made, they still bear a large relevance in today's music. In fact, they are in such high demand that the makers of the original Mellotrons, Streetly Music, began making them again in 2007 (although with some upgrades to ˜modernize' them). However, unfortunately for most of us, these hand-made keyboards are out of all but the most die-hard enthusiast's price-range. That is until now.
SampleTron brings the "tron" sounds into new music. Through careful sampling of some of the world's best-kept (and, in some cases, worst-kept!) machines, IK Multimedia and Sonic Reality have been able to preserve a wide-ranging cross section of memorable tones. But this is only a piece of the magic.
SampleTron also harnesses the power of the SampleTank engine, which allows these instruments to be taken into new sonic worlds quickly and easily. You can layer up to 16 instruments at a time to create lush soundscapes, or create key-splits for easy playability of several instruments at the same time across the entire range of your keyboard. Affect these tones with up to four simultaneous effects, selectable from a huge 32-effect library of killer delays, choruses, flangers, distortions, and reverbs, as well as exclusive synth-based effects such as FM and Am modulation, Lo-Fi, and Slicer.
Powerful Multi-Effects Unit with 32 DSP Effects
SampleTron contains an integrated multi-effects engine, which offers high quality DSP effects (reverbs, delays, filter envelopes, wahs, choruses, preamp and cabinet emulators, etc.) giving you maximum flexibility, creativity, and realism to all the instruments. All of the effects are world-class and have been derived from our award-winning AmpliTube and T-RackS programs and are chosen specifically for sound shaping.
You'll get over 600 preset sounds with SampleTron, all organized in one of the fastest sound browsers of any Sample-based virtual instrument. Its clear folder structure (which reflects your folder's organization on your hard-disk) is enhanced with a collapsible folder view, making it easy to pick the right sounds among thousands in a flash. Plus, you can also add customized searchable keywords to the built-in factory keywords to find sounds, using SampleTron exclusive built-in sound Database.
SampleTron truly is the modern successor to the "tron" family of instruments, and is a superb addition to every producer's library. From hip-hop and RnB to electronica and filmscores, this historically significant instrument enhanced with modern technological advancements will elevate your compositions and performances to new levels.
- The first and only "Tron" anthology, containing over 600 presets from 17 rare and vintage Mellotrons, Chamberlins, and their derivatives
- Chromatic samples capture the complete, authentic tone of each instrument
- Powered by SampleTank to bring these vintage sounds into the modern world
- 4 "Tron" specific controls allow for fast and flexible creativity
- 16 part multitimbral and 32 effects let you create otherworldly sounds quickly and easily
- Includes "loop" and "non-loop" modes for greater flexibility and authenticity
- 3 synth engines: STRETCH and Pitch-Shift/Time-Stretch (PS/TS) plus traditional Resampling
- Powerful Multi-Effects section that includes 5 insert effects per Part
- 32 built-in DSP effects
- Part and Master Loop Sync
- Independent Part and Master Volume/Pan controls
- Works as a standalone application as well as a host sequencer plug-in in Mac OS (Universal Binary), and Windows (XP/Vista)
- Supported plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, and AU
- Sounds can be read by SampleTank 2.5 and can be used to expand its world of sounds
Order now and bring timeless synth charm into your modern productions.
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS.
- Minimal: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64, 1 GB of RAM, Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS.
- Works as a standalone application and also as a plug-in
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X (Universal Binary), and Windows (XP / Vista)
- Supported plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, and AU
- More than 600 sounds, and 1.8 GB of samples included
- 16 part multitimbral
- 256 notes polyphony
- 16 individual stereo outputs
- Mix view and full mix parameters control
- 32 DSP-based multi-effects (see Effects List)
- Range Control allows for creating complex splits and layers
- Total sound editing with full access to 50 Synth-Sampler engine controls
- Instrument browsing
- BPM syncable LFOs
- Portamento Time control
- Zone feature for single sample accurate editing
- Part Volume / Pan controls
- Expanded easy to use full MIDI control
- Part and Combi preset save features
- Convenient back-up function
- Search function
- Sounds can be read by SampleTank 2
- 3 Synth Engines
- Newly enhanced STRETCH
- Traditional Resampling
- SampleTron-specific Macro Controls
- Sustain: Allows the samples to stop (more authentic), or loop continuously (more easily playable)
- Tone: Makes the sound brighter or darker, much like the "Tone" knob on the Mellotron
- Key Release: Switches between the abrupt cutoff of the classic "trons", and a more natural cutoff for optimal performance
- Noise Resonance: Controls how much noise is heard in the sound
- Effects list
- Reverb, Spring Reverb, Reverb Delay, Ambience, Delay
- Filter, Envelope Filter, Multi Filter, Wah-Wah
- Chorus, Multi Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Envelope Flanger
- AM Modulation, FM Modulation
- Auto Pan, Tremolo, Rotary Speaker
- Lo-Fi, Distortion, Phonograph, Crusher, Overdrive
- Pre Amp, Tone Control, Cabinet
- Parametric EQ, Channel Strip, Compressor, Limiter, Slicer
- 3 Performance Modes
- Legato 1-2
- Sample based sounds (parent): 279
- Preset sounds (child): 415
- Total sounds: 694
- Total size: 1.8 GB