- Product 180440
Korg TP-2 2-Channel Tube Preamp
- Write a Review
This dual channel tube pre with optical compression and multi-format digital output is designed to provide sound enhancement for any recording applic...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Warm, full-bodied tube sound!
This dual channel tube pre with optical compression and multi-format digital output is designed to provide sound enhancement for any recording application.
2 for one!
The TP-2 offers 2 completely independent preamps with individual realtime controls. Each channel is driven by its own 12AX7 tube. A stereo switch on the front panel allows both preamps to work in tandem when processing a stereo source.
Full-featured mic preamps
Using a specially tuned version of the Valve Force technology so widely acclaimed in the Electribe X series and the TRITON Extreme, the new TP-2 tube-driven preamp imparts a robust warmth and a rich musical character that is ideal for your critical and challenging acoustic sources. Each preamp channel accepts either XLR or 1/4" TRS inputs and switchable phantom power is provided. Equipped with a Hi-Z switch, 26dB pad button, and a variable trim knob, the TP-2 assures the optimal gain setting for any source, from a premium microphone to a direct bass or guitar signal. A pair of faders control the output level, and a low-cut switch and a phase reverse button offer even more flexibility.
Transparent optical compression
By using state-of-the-art optical compression, the TP-2 is able to respond quickly, breathing life and luster into your sound. In addition to enhanced response times, optical compression provides a wide range of dynamic control”without coloring the source material in adverse ways. Compression sensitivity knobs on the front panel are teamed with Fast/Slow release time buttons and audiophile analog VU meters for intuitive realtime control.
Best of both worlds
While the TP-2 works hard in the analog domain to achieve warm, smooth and musical results, its digital characteristics are no less stellar. Analog-to-digital conversion is 24-bit, using 64X oversampling for error-free reproduction. Sampling rates of 44.1, 48, and 96kHz are offered, and the digital output is provided in both S/PDIF optical and coaxial formats. Analog outputs are also provided.
Use it anywhere
While the TP-2 is obviously well suited to enrich your hardware- or software-based digital recordings, it is perfect for a variety of applications. Live, the TP-2 can be used to add warmth to any vocal mic or acoustic instrument. As a mastering tool, the TP-2 provides superior dynamic control. You can even use it as a preamp when preparing audio samples for your keyboard or computer.
- 2 completely independent preamps
- Individual realtime controls and 12AX7 tubes
- Stereo switch on the front panel allows both preamps to work in tandem for stereo processing.
- Uses specially tuned version of the Valve Force technology used in Electribe X series and the TRITON Extreme
- Each preamp channel accepts either XLR or 1/4" TRS inputs
- Switchable phantom power
- Hi-Z switch, 26dB pad button, and variable trim assure optimal gain setting for any source from mics to bass or guitar
- 2 faders for output levels
- Low-cut switch and phase reverse button
- Optical compression for enhanced response times and broad dynamic control without coloring source material adversely
- Compression sensitivity knobs with fast/slow release time buttons
- Analog VU meters
- 24-bit D/A conversion
- 64X oversampling
- Sampling rates of 44.1, 48 and 96kHz are offered, and the
- S/PDIF optical and coaxial digital outputs
- Analog TRS outputs.
- Perfect for a variety of applications
- Can be used live to add warmth to any vocal mic or acoustic instrument
- Dynamic controls for use in mastering
- Prepares audio samples for your keyboard or computer
- Input connector: XLR-3-31 type (+48 V phantom power, switchable),
- 1/4 TRS phone jack (balanced, unbalanced when Hi-Z is On)
- Input impedance: 4kOhms (XLR-3-31), 10kOhms (TRS phone Jack),
- 1MOhms (TRS phone Jack Hi-Z)
- Input level: -60dBu ~ -12dBu @ TRIM = max. ~ min., PAD OFF
- -34dBu ~ +14dBu @ TRIM = max. ~ min., PAD ON
- Max. level: -48dBu ~ 0dBu @ TRIM = max. ~ min., PAD OFF
- -22dBu ~ +12dBu @ TRIM = max. ~ min., PAD ON
- in Hi-Z
- -48dBu ~ 0dBu @ TRIM = max. ~ min., PAD OFF
- -22dBu ~ +12dBu @ TRIM = max. ~ min., PAD ON
- Source impedance: 600 ohm
- Tube: 12AX7 (one per channel)
- Method of compression: Vacuum tube gain reduction using a photocoupler
- Frequency response: 10Hz ~ 20kHz ± 1dB @fs44.1kHz, +4dBu, 10kOhm
- 10Hz ~ 22kHz ± 1dB @fs48kHz, +4dBu, 10kOhm
- 10Hz ~ 44kHz ± 1dB @fs96kHz, +4dBu, 10kOhm
- S/N: TBD
- Dynamic range: TBD
- A/D conversion: 24 bit, 64 times oversampling
- Sampling frequency: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz
- Analog outputs: XLR-3-32 type, 1/4" TRS phone jacks (balanced)
- Output impedance: 150 ohm
- Standard output level: +4dBu
- Max. output level: +16dBu
- Impedance: over 10kOhm
- Digital outputs: optical, coaxial
- Format: 24bit S/PDIF (IEC60958, EIAJ CP-1201)
- Dimensions: 8.82" (W) x 6.97" (D) x 3.46" (H)
- Weight: 2.93 lbs.
- Accessories: AC power supply, owners' manual