- Product 620889
Manley Mastering Pultec EQP-1A Single Channel EQ
- Write a Review
The Enhanced Pultec EQP-1A is Manley's interpretation of the historic Pultec Equalizer as originally produced by Pulse Techniques, Inc. The Manley Pu...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A studio-quality EQ with precisely calibrated control-switches for mastering.
The Enhanced Pultec EQP-1A is Manley's interpretation of the historic Pultec Equalizer as originally produced by Pulse Techniques, Inc. The Manley Pultec EQ employs a simple and clean all-tube make-up gain block to reamplify the signal after the passive EQ circuit.
Manley offers the Mono Pultec EQP-1A Equalizer with detented, logable Boost & Cut control-switches precisely calibrated to 0.5 dB steps or as required. On the Manley Mastering Pultecs, the switches are built as 11 x 0.5 dB steps for maximum range of 5.5dB on each control. The bandwidth control is also built as 11 steps on a switch instead of a pot.
Manley Enhanced Pultecs use a transformerless signal path and has a vastly superior B+ power supply, with regulated and balanced heater supply. The Manley line amp is known to be killer-sounding. The components they use today just weren't available in the 1960's. So, if you want a project with crackling carbon pots, dirty open frame wafer switches, 5% and 10% tolerance noisy carbon resistors, exposed tubes sticking out the back of the 3U chassis, etc., go pay top dollar for an antique Pultec.
The Manley Pultec EQP-1A EQ uses 1 x 12AU7WA and 1 x 6414 in it's all-tube single-ended line amplifier for the gain make-up and extra-beefy sound; gain is factory set for unity but additional gain is available by a rear mounted feedback adjustment trimpot. Like Manley 40dB Mic Preamps, the Manley Pultecs offer both transformer coupled balanced and direct capacitor coupled unbalanced outputs for easy interface and sonic variety.
The Manley EQP-1A Equalizer may be set to 'flat' positions or BYPASSED entirely. All BOOST and CUT controls are continuously variable conductive plastic potentiometers for absolutely silent operation and long life. Manley's single rack unit mono blocks occupy one-third of the space of the 'antique Pultecs', an important consideration for allocation of outboard rack space. And Manley added a couple extra frequencies too. The rear mounted input switch selects 0 degrees or 180 degrees PHASE INVERT for the balanced gold pin XLR input or the transformerless unbalanced bridging input (1/4" jack) may be selected in that switch's middle position.
Kick drum? Bring on the Pultecs and all the iron you can muster! You'll soon discover the power and magic of having those individual Low Frequency BOOST and CUT controls in that LF shelf circuit. Need a little clarity or extension? Try that middle bell-shaped Boost dialing in the sharpness of the boost on the BANDWIDTH control. Something bugging you? Ease it off with the HF shelf cut. You'll see. There's no substitute for what a Manley Pultec EQ can do!
Manley has been building Pultec EQs since 1990 after they hunted down Eugene Shenk in New Jersey to ask for his permission and blessings to produce their own version of his classic piece. Expect nothing but top quality, professional EQ with the EQP-1A.
- Manley input transformer with pure nickel laminations potted in mu-metal case. 3K ohm input Z
- Phase Reverse switch for balanced XLR input
- Alternate transformerless ¼" HI-Z (5K ohm) input
- BYPASS switch & AUTO-MUTE with warmup delay
- Silent conductive plastic Boost & Cut controls
- Sealed gold-contact Greyhill frequency select switches
- Hi-current drive <50 ohm LO-Z XLR & ¼" outputs
Balanced Transformer Coupled XLR Outputs
- Flat frequency response from 10Hz-70KHz
- <0.01% THD @ 1Khz
S/N Ratio: 116 dB
- Adjustable Feedback / GAIN: Unity ±5 dB
- Max. output: +30 dBv
- Power consumption: 18 watts
- Operating mains voltage: Units are purpose built for original destination country's mains voltage: 100V, 120V, or 220-240VAC
- as indicated on the serial number badge. Power transformer must be replaced in order to change mains operating voltage.
- 120VAC units may NOT be rewired to put the primaries of the power transformer in series for 220-240V operation or a large radiated field of hum will develop. If changing locations/voltages, the power transformer must be replaced with the dedicated one for the voltage at which it will operate.
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50 œ 60Hz
- Dimensions: 19" x 1 ¾" x 10" (occupies 1u)
- Weight: 9 lbs.