- H90137 000000000 H90137000000000
Peavey PVXp 12 Active PA Loudspeaker
- Write a Review
The compact and portable PVXp 12 active (powered) loudspeakers deliver high fidelity and impressive power using Peavey's legendary speaker and power ...Read More
The compact and portable PVXp 12 active (powered) loudspeakers deliver high fidelity and impressive power using Peavey's legendary speaker and power amp technology. The PVXp Series powered enclosures bring 800 watts peak of crystal-clear highs and deep low end, while using exclusive DDT compression technology to maintain clarity throughout the mix. A module bay allows for use of expansion modules to increase the functionality of the enclosures.
Peavey PVX enclosures are constructed with heavy-duty, premium Peavey woofers with 2-3/8-inch voice coils for the lows and low-mids, while the Peavey RX14 1.4-inch titanium diaphragm compression driver, coupled to a constant directivity horn, handles the highs and mid-highs.
Peavey PVX enclosures are housed in a durable, injection-molded enclosure that includes a pole mount, three multi-point flying locations and a tilt-back design to accommodate use as a personal monitor. A black powder-coated steel grille provides driver protection and a clean, professional appearance.
Lightweight and powerful.
- Two-way 800 watt peak power enclosure
- 12" high-performance woofer with 2.3" voice coil
- Multiple cabinet fly points
- Pole-mountable cabinet
- Titanium compression driver
- Expansion module bay
- Angled side for use as monitor when required
- LED signal present and DDT active indicator
- Rugged polypropylene molded enclosure
- Combination 1/4" and XLR input
- Exclusive DDT compression and speaker protection
- XLR and 1/4" through outputs
- Molded in cabinet handles
Order now for the latest in powered speaker technology.
PVXp 12 Active PA Loudspeaker
- Frequency Range, 1 meter on-axis, swept-sine in ½ Space environment:
- 51 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response, 1 meter on-axis, swept-sine in anechoic environment:
- 60 Hz to 20 kHz (±3 dB)
- Usable Low Frequency limit (-10 dB point anechoic): 55 Hz
- Internal power amplifiers (@120 VAC line):
- Total of 800 watts peak available power
- Woofer - 650 watts peak available power
- Continuous Power: 325 watts @ less than 1% distortion
- Tweeter - 150 watts peak available power
- Continuous Power: 75 watts @ less than 1% distortion.
- Nominal sensitivity (1W @1M, swept sine input in anechoic environment):
- 97 dB (average)
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level (1 meter):
- 127 dB SPL peak with music
- Radiation Angle measured at -6 dB point of polar response:
- Nominal: 100 degrees horizontal X 50 degrees vertical
- (Axis of the vertical main polar lobe is angled down 10 degrees, resulting in the angular pattern with respect to straight ahead being +15, -35 degrees)
- Transducer Complement:
- Heavy-duty 12" woofer with 2 3/8" voice coil & 50 oz. magnet
- RX14 1.4" titanium diaphragm dynamic compression driver
- Box Tuning Frequency:
- 62 Hz
- Electroacoustic crossover frequency: 2,800 Hz
- Crossover type:
- Internal Electronic two-way crossover with driver EQ, level matching, bass
- boost and subsonic filtering.
- Crossover Slopes:
- 12 dB/octave (2nd order) low pass, 24dB/octave (fourth order) high pass,
- both with staggered poles and driver EQ.
- Input Connections:
- One combo female XLR/ 1/4" phone jack providing balanced line-level operation, with switch-selectable mic- or line-level sensitivity.
- Output Connections:
- One male XLR and one 1 /.4" phone jack. The Thru jacks are intended for the use of linking multiple PVx12D‘s in a line or to provide a feed to a powered subwoofer, or other electronics that needs to receive a full range version of the input signal.
- Enclosure Materials & Finish:
- Black ABS plastic with textured surface, black powder-coated perforated grille.
- Also available in white.
- Mounting provisions:
- Unit has two sets of two M10 inserts, one pair on the top, and one pair on the bottom.
- Additional mounting points are a set of four M8 inserts on the top, and a set of four on the right side in the handle recess, and a set of four on the bottom, which use the Peavey VersaMount 70+ mounting bracket.
- Four rubber feet provide vibration free floor or stage use, and a molded-in stand mounting cup is on the bottom.
- Dimensions (H x W x D):
- 24.50 in. x 16.10 in. x 15.00 in.
- 22.75 in. x 8.75 in. x 15.00 in.
- Net Weight:
- 43 Lbs. (19.5 kg)
Review Snapshotby PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Sound
- Easy To Use
Comments about Peavey PVXp 12 Active PA Loudspeaker:
No one has reviewed these powered speakers, so I thought I would. I bought these because my band needed a good set of mains for rehearsal. I bought the 12s instead of the 15s because they were cheaper and adequate for our needs. I was surprised at the volume and range these speakers offer. They can get very loud, which makes them acceptable for small venues (even outdoor shows) as main speakers. They sound really good, they have a lot of nice features (e.g. compression) and they can reproduce the entire band (although the shine as dedicated vocal monitors). Pair with a small subwoofer, and you've got a very nice system for rehearsal and live gigs. Alone, they will work great for bands that don't need extended bottom end (e.g. acoustic/singer set ups)or as a dedicated set of vocal monitors. They will certainly work to mix the entire band, but a set of 15s would be better for that purpose if you are not going to buy a subwoofer.