- Product H81659
Peavey SP 118BX Single 18" Passive Subwoofer
- Write a Review
The Peavey SP 118BX Dual 18" Passive Subwoofer loudspeaker system delivers high output, low distortion bass from one 18" Pro Rider woofer mounted in ...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
The Peavey SP 118BX Dual 18" Passive Subwoofer loudspeaker system delivers high output, low distortion bass from one 18" Pro Rider woofer mounted in a vented enclosure. Designed for portability, durability and great sound, it is constructed of a hardwood panel coated with Peavey’s heavy-duty HammerHead UV stabilized polyurea finish. A full-length, wrap-around perforated steel grille protects the front of the enclosure, and casters are mounted to assist in portability. A pole mount is also included for support of a high-pass enclosure.
For more than three decades, the renowned Peavey SP Series has been the mainstay of bands of every type and installation enclosures for every imaginable venue. SP Series enclosures are builtin the U.S.A. and made to last with patented and exclusive technologies that make your sound clear and true, and efficient and strong.
Every enclosure in the SP Series features Peavey's field-replaceable speaker basket design, an exclusive feature that allows you to replace blown cones on the gig with ease. Speaker re-coning is expensive and can take weeks, but with Peavey speakers you can replace the entire cone just by removing three screws.
Lightweight, high power-handling subwoofer enclosure.
- High output, low distortion bass
- Designed for portability.
- Durable and rugged
- Full-length wrap-around perforated steel grille
Order one or a pair and get that big, pillowy low end you've been wanted forever.
SP 118BX Single 18" Passive Subwoofer
- Frequency Response: 49Hz to 300Hz (±3 dB)
- Usable Low Frequency Limit (-10 dB point): 34Hz
- Power Handling: 600 Watts continuous 1,200 Watts program 2,400 Watts peak
- Sound Pressure Level: 98.0 dB (2.83 V input)
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level (1 meter): 126.0 dB SPL continuous 132.0 dB SPL peak
- Radiation Angle Measured at -6 dB Point of Polar Response: Essentially omnidirectional
- Transducer Complement: one 18"
- Box Tuning Frequency: 38Hz
- Minimum Active Crossover Frequency and Slope for Bi-amping: 90Hz at 18 dB / octave High-pass filter 35 to 40Hz at 12 to 24dB/octave is recommended
- Impedance (Z): Nominal: 8.0 Ω Minimum: 6.5 Ω
- Input Connections: one four-pin twist lock connector
- Two 1/4" jacks All inputs in parallel
- Enclosure Materials & Finish: hardwood panel coated with heavy-duty finish.
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Attractive Design
- Easy To Set Up
- Good Power Output
- Great Sound Quality
- DJ / Mixing
- Medium Size Gyms
Comments about Peavey SP 118BX Single 18" Passive Subwoofer:
When using Peaveys SP speaker line with the vsx26 or vsx48 speaker processor, it will sound very tight and clear with volumes to rock medium sized gyms. I have a tri amped system that includes a gps900 and a gps3500 for 2-SP2 biamped. A cs4080 for 2-SP118. This rocked a 300 person prisoner show in a gym setting and they all were astounded at the sound of only these 4 speakers. I have now just bought this third SP118 and will soon be buying a 4th. We were pushing the bass pretty hard so i am now just wanting more headroom.The bass was so awesome!! The kick drum and bass guitar just made a permanent smile on my face the whole show.
Peaveys SP line rocks!!
Larger venues should step up to the Peavey QW line with the same processors.
- Was this a gift?: