- Product 502742
Phonic Firefly 808 Firewire Recording Package
- Write a Review
The FIREFLY 808 FireWire Recording Package includes the Phonic FIREFLY 808 Universal 18X18 FireWire Interface, M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 Powered Refe...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A recording package that offers the power of computer connectivity, powered monitors, and a versatile mic pair.
The FIREFLY 808 FireWire Recording Package includes the Phonic FIREFLY 808 Universal 18X18 FireWire Interface, M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 Powered Reference Speakers , MXL 4000 Multi-Pattern FET Studio Condenser Microphone, MXL 603S Pencil Instrument Microphone, MS-220 Tripod Mic Stand with Fixed Boom, and the Advantage Series 1/4" Straight Instrument Cable “ 10'
FIREFLY 808 Universal 18X18 FireWire Interface
The Phonic FIREFLY 808 Universal rack-mountable preamplified unit with USB and FireWire interface is an easy-to-use, high-quality recording interface for songwriters to record guitars, keyboards, vocals, and more to the computer. Featured are 8 analog (XLR and 1/4") inputs and 8 analog (1/4") outputs, as well as S/PDIF, AES/EBU, MIDI and ADAT inputs and outputs”all of which are streamed to and from the computer in real time through the FireWire or USB connection in superb 24-bit/192kHz audio.
Compatible with the most popular of Digital Audio Workstation software, this powerful FireWire and USB interface provides recording musicians and engineers alike with the kind of sophisticated yet easy-to-use recording device they require.
M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 Powered Reference Speakers
The compact Studiophile AV 40 powered reference monitors deliver the same proven M-Audio technology favored by top producers, recording engineers and musicians around the world. The combination of 4" polypropylene-coated drivers and 3/4" ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeters provide punchy lows, crisp highs and a balanced, uncolored response. Custom cabinets with dense wood construction deliver more accurate bass response than you could ever get from plastic multimedia speakers. And for the highest possible fidelity, the Studiophile AV 40 monitors also feature OptImage III wave-guide technology and a 20 watt-per-channel internal amplifier that utilizes Class A/B architecture. The Studiophile AV 40 monitor speakers are the perfect solution for traveling musicians or anyone who wants top-notch sound from their desktop multimedia system.
Professional Components”Professional Results >
The Studiophile AV 40 monitors are designed with the same quality materials and internal electronics that are used in all of M-Audio's acclaimed professional monitors. You'll find features like audiophile-grade Class A/B amplifier architecture and balanced 1/4" TRS inputs in addition to RCAs. It all adds up to a big sound that belies the speakers' small size. With the Studiophile AV 40s, you don't have to give up professional-grade fidelity to enjoy the ease and mobility of a compact monitoring system.
Extended Low End
If you require extra bass response, the M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 monitors have you covered. MDF wooden cabinets, bass reflex design and an integrated bass boost switch let the Studiophile AV 40s crank out plenty of low end”perfect for urban/dance music, DVDs and more.
OptImage III Technology
M-Audio's proprietary OptImage III wave guide improves overall detail and clarity while minimizing sound issues that can plague other compact monitors. The system works by improving the overall efficiency of the tweeter as well as time-aligning the drivers. This ensures that the audio from each driver reaches the listener at the same time, guaranteeing precise stereo imaging and accurate response.
Magnetically Shielded for Desktop Use
Unchecked, all speakers emit electromagnetic waves that can wreak havoc with your computer's video monitor or a nearby TV. The Studiophile AV 40 monitors are magnetically shielded so that all of your electronic equipment can coexist on your desktop without interference.
MXL 4000 Multi-Pattern FET Studio Condenser Microphone
The MXL 4000 Multi-Pattern is a condenser microphone designed around a Class-A discrete FET mic amp specially chosen to match its large diaphragm capsule. The capsule itself has been sized and tuned to provide a silky and airy top end with a full, warm mid-range reminiscent of vintage microphones. Hand selected internal components create a sound that enhances both vocal and instrument performances.
Using the polar patterns
To take advantage of the versatility of the MXL 4000's polar patterns, here are some miking tricks of the pros.
Figure-8 mics pick up sound equally well from front and rear. So, if you're looking for a rich vocal sound with the added ambience of room tone to add depth and spaciousness, use the figure-8 pattern and have your vocalist sing into one side while the other picks up the reflections of the room. Only do this if you have a good-sounding room. You can also use the figure-8 pattern for isolation from other instruments. For example, if you're miking drums and want to give the hi-hat it's own track, position the MXL 4000 so that the side of the figure-8, where rejection is greatest, is pointing towards the snare while the front or rear of the mix faces the hat. Do the same if you're recording a singer-guitarist who's playing an acoustic while singing. You need two figure-8 mics for this one. Position the vocal mic so that the side is facing the guitar, and the guitar mic so that the side of the figure-8 points towards the singer's mouth. Now both singer and guitar are isolated. Again, make sure you do this in a room that sounds good, because the back side of the mic will be picking up the room.
In many cases, the least used, but best-sounding of all the polar patterns. Omni has very little off-axis coloration, which means that sounds entering the sides of the mic sound just as good as sounds entering the front. If you have a great-sounding room, by all means, try Omni before anything else. Omni gives your recordings the impression of being in the room with the sound. It also works very well as the "mid" mic in Mid-Side stereo recording.
This is the most used pattern. It's basically point and shoot, but keep in mind that you can use it's rear-rejection to your advantage, or by turning the mic slightly away from the source, you can use it's off-axis response to tame sharp transients. Aside from straight-ahead recording, most people use the cardioid pattern as the "mid" mic in Mid-Side stereo recording.
Requires phantom power.
MXL 603S Pencil Instrument Microphone
The MXL 603S shares the characteristics of European and Japanese imports at a fraction of their price. Its transformerless design provides a solid bottom and an extremely open top end sound. The 603S is internally wired with world-renowned Mogami cable for sonic integrity. The 603S is very well suited for most instrument miking and is very rugged for use on the road. The MXL 603S is supplied with mic clip. Requires phantom power.
MS-220 Tripod Mic Stand with Fixed Boom
The MS-220 Tripod Microphone Stand has a thread adapter and tubular legs. Its adjustable height from floor to top thread is 35" to 61-7/8". The 30-1/4" fixed boom is not adjustable.
Advantage Series 1/4" Straight Instrument Cable
Advantage Series 1/4" straight instrument cable from LiveWire is constructed of flexible materials to cut down on kinks and twists for tangle-free performance and longer life. It has 1/4" phone plugs. and the quality soldering is very quiet.
- FireWire (IEEE 1394) and USB 2.0 audio interface
- 24-bit resolution, up to 192 kHz sampling rate
- 18 simultaneous inputs and outputs FireWire/USB audio interface
- 8 microphone preamps with trim control and individual phantom power switches
- 8 analog line Inputs including 2 Instrument Inputs
- 8 channels of optical ADAT I/O (4 ch. via 96k dual SMUX)
- S/PDIF I/O, AES/EBU I/O, MIDI I/O and word clock I/O
- Headphone output and Main output with volume control for monitoring purpose
- Channel meters on channel 1 to 8 for input or output
- Synchronization, sampling rate, digit I/O and MIDI in/out indicators
- Dual FireWire ports for daisy chaining and direct connection to Mac or PC
- Stand-alone Mixer functionality for field and studio use without computer
- Instrument input, pad switch, balanced TRS send jacks on Inputs 1 and 2
- Compatible with Mac OSX and Windows XP / Vista
- Steinberg Cubase LE 4 DAW software included
- 4" polypropylene-coated woofers
- 3/4" ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeters
- OptImage III tweeter wave guides for superior imaging
- 20-watt-per-channel amplifier with Class A/B architecture
- magnetic shielding
- 1/4" TRS balanced and RCA unbalanced inputs
- 1/8" headphone output
- 1/8" stereo auxiliary input
- front-panel volume control
- rear-panel on/off control
- bass boost control
- MDF cabinet with bass reflex port design
- Warm-sounding, low-noise, classic recording studio mic sound
- Large, 6-micron gold-sputtered capsule
- Steel head and woven-brass mesh grill
- Heavy duty metallic blue finished enclosure
- Vintage transformerless design
- Attractive mahogany colored storage case
- Specially designed MXL 60 shockmount included
- Custom foam windscreen
- 20mm gold-sputtered, 6 micron gold diaphragm
- Satin silver finish with etched engravings
- Mic clip included
- Type: two-way desktop reference monitor
- Low-frequency Driver: 4" diameter, magnetically shielded and curved cone with high-temperature voice coil
- High-frequency Driver: 3/4" diameter, magnetically shielded silk dome tweeter
- Frequency Response: 85Hz - 20kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.7kHz
- RMS SPL: 101.5dB at 1 meter
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 90dB (typical, A-weighted)
- Input Connectors: left and right RCA line input, left and right 1/4" TRS input and 1/8" aux input
- Polarity: positive signal at "+" input produces outward low-frequency cone displacement
- Dynamic Power: 20W continuous, per channel into 4 ohms
- Input Impedance: 10 kOhms unbalanced, 20 kOhms balanced
- Input Sensitivity: 100 mV pink noise input produces 90dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter
- Indicator: Blue power LED ring around volume knob on front panel
- Power Requirements: 100-120V/50/60Hz, 220-240V/50/60Hz; powered via detachable 2-conductor line cord
- Cabinet: vinyl-laminated MDF
- Dimensions: 8.75" (H) x 6" (W) x 7.25" (D)
- Weight: 14 lb./6.34 kg
- Preamp: Class-A FET
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, and Figure-eight
- Frequency Response: 20-20kHz
- Equivalent Noise: 20dB SPL
- Sensitivity: 15mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL: 130dB
- Typical Load Impedance: >500 ohms
- Output Source Impedance: 200 ohms
- Power: Phantom Power
- Type: Condenser pressure gradient mic with large 20mm diaphragm capsule
- Frequency range: 30Hz-20kHz
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 15mV/Pa
- Impedance: 150W
- S/N Ratio: 77dB (Ref. 1Pa A-weighted)
- Equivalent noise level: 17dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4)
- Max SPL for 0.5% THD: 137dB
- Power requirements: Phantom power 48V±4V
- Size: 22mm - 13mm
- Weight: 0.3 lb.
- Metal Finish: Silver