- Product 801663
Pioneer CDJ-400 Pro CD Player with USB and Effects
- Write a Review
The CDJ-400 is not just a simple CD player, yet it has its simplicities. Its compact, cosmetic design makes it easy to dismiss it as just a nice litt...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A USB CD player with MP3 playback and effects.
The CDJ-400 is not just a simple CD player, yet it has its simplicities. Its compact, cosmetic design makes it easy to dismiss it as just a nice little CD player, but don't be so quick to judge. Not only does it play traditional CDs and MP3s, but it works as a CD turntable as well, with a scratch jog effect, looping functions, and MIDI support. It features full USB1 integration, allowing you to bring your music to the foray in a variety of ways, including thumb drives or other external hard drives and MP3 players. With all of the buttons conveniently located on the top of the player, you'll be able to quickly and easily initiate the functions you use most. The multifunction selector knob/button with its sizable, dot-matrix LCD display make locating and accessing files from your various sources as effortless as pressing a button or turning a knob.
The CDJ-400 CD Player comes with a PC mode, making it a native controller for DJs who want to utilize their preexisting DJ software, such as SERATO Scratch LIVE3 or Pioneer DJS2. The sliders and buttons on the CDJ-400 can be matched up with their virtual counterparts, and it can also be turned into a MIDI controller in much the same, uncomplicated fashion.
Scratch DJs will find the Pioneer CDJ-400 to be a fun new tool to add to their arsenal as it not only allows for traditional "vinyl" scratching, but includes three special effects - Bubble, Trans, and Wah - which can be enabled on the fly or, with the "hold" button, retained throughout a session until its release. The Digital Jog Break features three more effects - Jet, Roll, and another Wah. The Loop Divide and Hot Loop functions give turntablists even more options.
Easy enough for a beginner to use, but with enough features to please the working DJ, this CD player is an excellent investment for anyone wanting to get people movin' and groovin'.
- Digital Loop functions: A variety of loops can be created for additional audio effects
- Beat Loop: Automatically creates a four-beat loop based on the beats per minute (BPM) of music currently being played
- Loop Divide: Rhythmically divides the loop in halves to create different patterns
- Hot Loop: Restarts the loop seamlessly from its entry without interruption of the music
- Digital Jog Break: In CD mode, three effects - Jet, Roll, Wah - enhance the audio by simply rotating the jog dial
- Scratch Jog Effects: Bubble, Trans, and Wah can be assigned to the Digital Jog Break and are accessible at any point of play
- Tempo Control: Four tempo modes, ±6%, ±10%, ±16% and WIDE4, provide additional speed control with a resolution of 0.02% in the 6% range
- Cue/Loop Points: Up to 10 cue/loop points per disc, for up to 920 discs can be stored in memory
- Jog Indicator: A break in the red halo illumination around the jog wheel provides instantaneous feedback to the DJ
- Customizable Jog Wheel: The top of the jog wheel can be removed to add your own customized image
- Digital Output: Available for a direct connection for clearer sound to a connected mixer
- Resume Function: If a CD is ejected accidentally, the disc automatically starts playing from exactly the point where it stopped when it is re-inserted
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
The CDJ-400 is a great new CD player. Personally I hadn't heard about it until recently when I purchased it. Originally I was looking for the 800's, but I saw these guys, and realized they were legit. First of all, the size is just great. Its about the size of a normal 2 or 3 channel mixer, so its nice and compact, yet still has a huge jogwheel/turntable, which is GREAT for scratching stillAlso, with Pioneers futuristic design, they threw on some great little on board effects, with total user control. The 400's have all the built in loop memory, hot loops, great cue reflexes, and anything that the a DJ even needs. Don't hesitate and check it out!