- H99043 000000000 H99043000000000
QSC PLD4.5 Multi-Channel System Processing Amplifier
- Write a Review
The QSC PLD Series represents a revolutionary advancement in amplifier technology and innovation. Designed specifically for the needs of portable and...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Super lightweight, incredibly powerful.
The QSC PLD Series represents a revolutionary advancement in amplifier technology and innovation. Designed specifically for the needs of portable and production sound system users, PLD provides efficient, robust and extraordinarily high fidelity power to drive multiple channels and configurations of loudspeakers while simultaneously deploying sophisticated digital processing - all with minimal operator complexity. The PLD Series consists of three powerful, lightweight, four-channel amplifiers, each with onboard, advanced DSP and the capability to configure and combine channels in various ways to drive a wide range of loudspeaker systems. These amplifiers not only make your system perform better today, but also provide a wide and flexible range of options for future system growth.
Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology (FAST)
PLD amplifiers feature Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology (FAST) that actively distributes the total amplifier power in various combinations across one, two, three, or all four outputs. This flexibility allows PLD Series amplifiers to drive (for example) four full-range loudspeakers or subwoofers; a high-power subwoofer and a bi-amplified speaker; a single high-power full-range loudspeaker and subwoofer combo; or multiple power-hungry subwoofers from a single, very high output mono-block.
Advanced Amplifier Technology
The PLD Series amplifiers use QSC fourth generation class-D power amp design in combination with a custom power stage utilizing a new, purpose-built output device. These innovative MOSFET devices provide high voltage operation without needing a full bridge output and offer superior audio quality due to co-location of the semiconductors. Additionally PLD amps benefit from the famed and road-proven PowerLight power supply, further enhanced with Power Factor Correction (PFC) that aligns the current waveform with the AC mains voltage waveform. PFC enables PLD Series amps to draw current from the wall in a more efficient and controlled manner resulting in incredible power from a single standard AC breaker. Additionally, the PLD Series amps offer multi-stage sleep modes, saving energy when possible without ever sacrificing performance. The result is an exceptionally powerful and flexible platform that offers low weight and outstanding efficiency.
PLD Series is more than just an amplifier; it is also a capable and sophisticated loudspeaker processor. The close integration of processing and amplification allows the DSP to monitor and better respond to amplifier behavior, making dynamics processing far more accurate and effective than that typically achieved with separate components. This synergistic approach employs both RMS and Peak Limiters that allow the combination of amplifier and loudspeaker to produce more output without being pushed to distortion or destruction.
In addition to the dynamics processing, the onboard DSP offers four channels of crossover filters, parametric EQ, and alignment delay - everything needed to optimize a loudspeaker system. PLD amplifiers also offer Intrinsic Correction, a combination of IIR and FIR Filtering and loudspeaker processing methodology first developed for our WideLine line array loudspeakers. Intrinsic Correction compensates for the non-linearities in loudspeaker array and horn design and results in notably superior performance from your QSC loudspeakers.
The on-board processing is managed and stored as presets, with 20 factory presets for the most common loudspeaker applications. For greater customization, the built-in Preset Wizard streamlines amplifier setup and provides loudspeaker selection from a list
of top selling passive loudspeakers.
With four channels of amplification plus drive rack signal processing in just 2RU, the PLD Series replaces equipment taking up as much as three times the rack-space.
Simple to Use
With a dedicated front panel UI complete with LED meters and indicators, a 400x240 TFT color display, a rotary encoder and ergonomic navigation buttons, PLD amplifiers provide an intuitive interface for the user to control the system. The simplicity of the PLD amps is further illustrated by the fact that a complete system can be set up in mere minutes.
- Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology (FAST) drives most any loudspeaker system or configuration by distributing total amplifier power across one, two, three or all four channels.
- Four channels of full function onboard loudspeaker DSP with Crossover and Parametric EQ Filters, Limiting and Alignment Delay eliminate the need for outboard loudspeaker processors.
- Powerful Intrinsic Correction processing maximizes the sonic performance of QSC loudspeakers.
- 20 Factory Preset configurations that can be modified and stored in the 50 User Presets.
- PowerLight universal switchmode power supply with PFC for highest effiency, improved audio performance, and low weight.
- Four Input XLR connectors, and six NL-4 Output connectors.
- Integrated front panel with channel Select and Mute buttons, Input and Output LED Metering, 400x240 LCD, intuitive navigation buttons, LED power button and indicator, and cast aluminum handles.
- Preset Wizard simplifies amplifier configuration providing loudspeaker selection from a list of the top selling passive speakers.
Order today for the king of the PLD line.
- 4 Ch. Continuous
- 8 Ohms: 1150Watts
- 4 Ohms: 1250 Watts
- 2 Ohms: 325 Watts
- 2 Ch. Continuous
- 8 Ohms: 2250 Watts
- 4 Ohms: 2250 Watts
- 2 Ohms: 2100 Watts
- 1 Ch. Continuous
- 8 Ohms: 4200 Watts
- 4 Ohms: 4200 Watts
- 2 Ohms: 4250 Watts
- 1 Ohms: 3700 Watts
- 1600 Watts
- 1600 Watts
- 1600 Watts
- Typical Distortion
- 8 Ohms: 0.01 - 0.03%
- 4 Ohms: 0.03 - 0.06%
- Maximum Distortion
- 4 Ohms - 8 Ohms: 1.0%
- Frequency response: (8 Ohms) 20 Hz - 15 kHz +/- 0.2 dB
- 20 Hz - 20 kHz +0.2 dB / -0.7 dB
- Unweighted Output Unmuted: -101 dB
- Weighted Output Muted: -109 dB
- Gain (1.2V setting): 38.4 dB
- Damping factor: >150
- Input impedance: >10k, balanced or unbalanced
- Maximum input level
- (3.9V setting): 12.28V (+24 dBu)
- (1.2V setting): 3.88V (+14 dBu)
- Controls and indicators (front) Power Ohms Ohms
- Channel MUTE Buttons Channel SELECT Buttons ¢ Channel Input Signal and CLIP LED Indicators
- Channel Output and LIMIT LED Meters: HOME, ENTER, EXIT, GAIN Navigation Buttons Control Knob
- Controls and indicators (rear): AC Power Disconnect
- Input connectors: Female XLR
- Output connectors: NL4
- Amplifier and load protection: Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, RF protection. On/Off muting, DC fault shutdown, active inrush limiting, input current limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal Power Supply 100 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz
- Dimensions: (HWD) 3.5" x 19" x 16"
- Weight: 22 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Excellent Sound
- Reputable Brand
- Difficult To Use
- Mobile DJ
Comments about QSC PLD4.5 Multi-Channel System Processing Amplifier:
I use the QSC PLD 4.5 to power a JBL SRX828S and two JBL VRX918S subwoofers. These amps provide more than enough power and are probably at the pinnacle of the "smart" amp game. The flexible configuration options with this amp makes it a great choice for those who have many passive speakers that they may need to switch around their setup. Of course, they work perfectly in 1 and 2 channel configurations. This amp doesn't have a traditional interface by any means, which may be a problem for some. The only readily available function on the face of the amp is the muting functions. In order to modify the volume levels, you must navigate the settings a bit. The upside to this is that you can control pretty much everything via the software if you USB the amps.
Overall, this amp is a great bank for the buck and comes with the reputable QSC name backing it.
- Good Sound Performance
- Poor User Manual
- Mobile Sound Systems
Comments about QSC PLD4.5 Multi-Channel System Processing Amplifier:
This is a very good pro amplifier. It is light weight and good for pro mobile audio systems. Great for DJs too. The only thing negative is that it does not come with a user manual, you have to have some experience with sound to set it up. You can down load from website. QSC has a note on the quick start guide. Overall, this is a very good amp for any pro system. I got it for a very good price too!