- J44747 000000000 J44747000000000
Radial Engineering Twin-Servo 500 Series Preamplifier
- Write a Review
Update of a classic. Originally developed in 1988, the Twin-Servo 500 is an adaptation that fits the 500 series format. The design begins with t...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Mic pre in a 500 format.
Update of a classic. Originally developed in 1988, the Twin-Servo 500 is an adaptation that fits the 500 series format. The design begins with two 100% discrete 990 op-amps cascaded in tandem to deliver 60dB of gain with less than 1/10th the distortion and twice the bandwidth of a single stage design.
This maximizes the gain-margin so no matter what the input, the lowest possible distortion will be realized. This also reduces noise at mid and low levels, a critical advantage for those that record with a wide dynamic range. In order to minimize phase distortion and retain the delicate balance of fundamentals with harmonics, all capacitors have been removed from the audio signal path and replaced by two DC servo feedback circuits. This not only reduces low-frequency noise, but also eliminates the ugly distortions associated with electrolytic capacitors that are especially degrading to low-level microphone signals when used to block phantom power in transformerless designs.
To deliver the widest possible bandwidth, Jensen transformers are placed at both the input and output producing a frequency response that extends from 0.2Hz to 150kHz. The transformers further benefit with unmatched common-mode noise rejection from offending devices such as power supplies, light dimmers and motors that may be connected to the same power service.
Features include a convenient front-panel Neutrik combo connector with choice of XLR and ¼” inputs, a dual-gang potentiometer for level adjustment along with a 10 segment LED meter for signal management. This is supplemented with a 180º polarity reverse switch that toggles the absolute phase, a gentle high-pass filter to eliminate excessive resonance, a -15dB pad to prevent overload, and a 48V phantom power activation switch.
- Exceptionally wide frequency response from 0.5Hz to 150kHz
- Twin-servo topology eliminates capacitors in the signal path
- Virtually zero phase shift or bandwidth limitation
Order today and get the most from your microphones.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.