- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Rane MM 42 Personal Monitor Processor
- Write a Review
- Product 182715
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Connect the Rane MM 42 Personal Monitor Processor between your mixing console and your monitor system (wired or wireless). The MM 42 will process one...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Optimized personal monitor system for performers and engineers who demand the best.
Connect the Rane MM 42 Personal Monitor Processor between your mixing console and your monitor system (wired or wireless). The MM 42 will process one stereo or 2 mono mixes with shelf/cut filters, 3-band compressor, 5-band parametric EQ, and 3-band peak limiter. You can output to a powered sub without an external crossover thanks to an assignable sub output with adjustable bandpass filter. Monitor multiple mixes easily with the MM 42's headphone amp (1/4" and 1/8" jacks) and Cue Bus functionality.
Process one stereo mix or 2 independent mono mixes using the MM 42's flexible input to output routing. Any combination of the MM 42's 4 line-level inputs can be assigned to any output processing chain. The relative mix of inputs is easily adjusted using front-panel level controls, making "more me" mixes a breeze.
Create a separate low-frequency mix for driving onstage subwoofers or tactile "thumpers" using the sub output with adjustable bandpass filter. Any input or combination of inputs is assignable to the sub output. External crossover not required!
Connect multiple MM 42s together using the cue bus and avoid the hassle of having to constantly re-patch headphones when monitoring more than one mix. Any mix can be placed on the cue bus and monitored (soloed) simply by pressing the desired mix's cue bus button. Connect the dedicated cue outputs on the rear panel to a spare transmitter or hardwired beltpack and hear the mix exactly as the performer hears it.
Add low-frequency thump and high-frequency sparkle to a mix using the adjustable low and high shelf/cut filters.
Control the dynamics of a mix with precision using the 3-band compressor. Adjustable crossover frequencies allow you to easily tame excess low end, while keeping the vocals and guitars clear and present.
Use the 5-band parametric EQ to improve the overall sound of the mix. Uses range from simple, broad sweetening effects to precise boosts or cuts to account for a performer's hearing loss or a particular earphone's response.
Protect the performer's hearing and keep output levels under control using the 3-band peak limiter. The limiter's crossover frequencies are fully adjustable and independent of the compressor's crossover settings.
Monitor the mix pre- or post-processing using the headphone amp. Both 1/4" phone and 1/8" mini jacks are offered on the front panel. In many cases the headphone amp can replace a hardwired beltpack for the less mobile musicians onstage--the drummer or keyboard player, for example.
Save precious aux outputs on the mixing console by using the direct outputs to daisy-chain (pass-through) a common mix or mixes across multiple MM 42s. Feed a band's stereo mix through to multiple MM 42s using the direct outs, then use the additional Inputs on each device to add solo instruments to the overall mix.
Recall memory presets and adjust parameters remotely via MIDI. Sys Ex is also used to backup system settings and for device firmware updates.
- Process a single stereo mix or 2 independent mono mixes
- Signal processing, main outputs: shelf/cut filters, 3-band compressor, 5-band parametric EQ, 3-band peak limiter
- 4 line-level Inputs assignable in any combination to either output processing chain
- Assignable sub output with bandpass filter, assignable to any combination of inputs including a mono sum
- 16 memory locations for storing custom user presets
- Headphone amplifier with 1/4" and 1/8" jacks
- Cue Bus allows listening to mixes across multiple MM 42s without re-patching headphones. Cue selectable pre- or post-processing
- Line-level cue outputs for spare transmitter or return to console
- Direct outputs allow distribution of common mixes to multiple devices, requiring fewer aux sends on console
- Neutrik 1/4" - XLR combo jacks allow interfacing with a variety of console aux/group outputs
- Device control and firmware updates via MIDI
Get the best possible monitor sound with the feature-packed MM 42!