- J52096 000000000 J52096000000000
RME OctaMic II 8-Channel MicPre
- Write a Review
The OctaMic II provides 8-channel 192 kHz/24-bit AD conversion with eight hi-class microphone and line pre-amplification channels, featuring a combin...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Professional-level, crystal clear mic pres with solid AD conversion.
The OctaMic II provides 8-channel 192 kHz/24-bit AD conversion with eight hi-class microphone and line pre-amplification channels, featuring a combination of sophisticated components and approved RME technology.
Lowest distortion, excellent signal-to-noise ratio and perfectly linear frequency response transmit and amplify the microphone signals truly unchanged.
The OctaMic II includes some significant enhancements compared to the OctaMic:
- The balanced TRS inputs of the Neutrik Combo XLR jacks are phantom power-free and can be operated as real line inputs too. The improved design of the input circuits allows for a maximum input level of +21 dBu with a convenient gain range from 6 dB up to 60 dB.
- Improved signal to noise ratio (SNR) ADC 107.5 dB
- Improved THD, especially at higher gains
- Optimised heat dissipation by a new and larger housing with improved convection
- Internal wide range power supply with line filter, insensitive to voltage fluctuations
- Super-stable, short circuit proof 48 V phantom power
OctaMic II offers 8 balanced XLR mic / line inputs via Neutrik XLR/TRS combo jacks. Each channel contains switches for 48V phantom power, a low cut filter and phase reversal. Amplification can be set between 6 and 60 dB. LEDs for signal, clip, and activated phantom power give a complete overview on the unit’s status. When the special Clip Hold mode is activated, any detected clip state will cause the corresponding LED to flash once per second. With this, the user gets a long-term peak detection, and no longer needs to constantly watch the LEDs. At the same time momentary overloads are still displayed correctly. Frontside switches include power on/off and output level, for a choice of -10 dBV, +4 dBu or Hi Gain (+19 dBu) as reference level. This unusual feature offers two advantages. First, the reference level can be easily switched to match any of RME’s current interface devices, from HDSP 9632 through Multiface up to the renowned ADI-8 Series converters. Second, the signal-to-noise ratio is optimized, and the Clip-LED will exactly match the ones of the ADI-8 (2 dB below 0 dBFS).
The balanced line level output signal is available at the back of the unit via 8 stereo TRS jacks. The specially developed, internal hi-performance switch mode power supply lets the OctaMic II operate in the range of 100V to 240V AC. It is short-circuit-proof, has an integrated line-filter, is fully regulated against voltage fluctuations, and suppresses mains interference.
The 8-channel AD-conversion of the OctaMic II operates at up to 192 kHz. The digitized signal is available simultaneously at the double ADAT output (S/MUX, up to 96 kHz), and at a DB-25 connector (four AES/EBU outputs, up to 192 kHz). The digital part can be clocked internally (master) and externally via word clock, AES/EBU and SPDIF.
RME’s outstanding SteadyClock ensures perfect AD-conversion, as jitter on the external sync-sources is nearly completely removed. All settings are done via DIP-switches on the back of the OctaMic D. Analog outputs and both digital outputs operate fully simultaneously. The choice of reference level affects the analog outputs only, the signal/clip indication and the AD-conversion will react only to the Gain-pots.
- SNR: >110 dB(A)
- Supported sample rates: 28 kHz - 200 kHz
- THD: < 0.0003 %, < -110 dB
- Sync Sources: AES/EBU (also SPDIF coaxial), wordclock, internal SteadyClock ensures best sound quality even with jittery external clocks
- 8 x Mic / Line Preamp Input (XLR/TRS Combo)
- 8 x Line Output (TRS balanced)
- 8 x AD-converter (up to 192 kHz)
- 2 x ADAT Output (S/MUX, up to 96 kHz)
- 4 x AES/EBU Output (D-sub, up to 192 kHz) 1 x AES/SPDIF Sync Input
- Phase, Low Cut and Phantom power per channel
Never be bitter about jitter. Order an OctaMic II
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.