- J24716 000000000 J24716000000000
Royer R-122 MKIIL Live Ribbon Microphone
- Write a Review
The R-122 Live is a road-optimized version of Royer's phantom powered R-122 MKII ribbon microphone. The R-122 MKII Live's output is on par with phant...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Detailed Royer sound, made for the road.
The R-122 Live is a road-optimized version of Royer's phantom powered R-122 MKII ribbon microphone. The R-122 MKII Live's output is on par with phantom powered condenser mics, allowing long cable runs with minimal signal loss or RF pickup, and it produces the warm, natural sounds that only ribbon mics can deliver. Royer Live Series mics utilize thicker ribbon elements - carefully chosen for increased durability and minimal sonic variation from their studio brethren. The thicker ribbons have a slightly slower transient response, resulting in softer highs.
Live Series mics are identified by their red logos (studio models have green logos). Live models can be converted to Studio models any time - we simply re-ribbon the mic to studio spec and replace the red logo with a green logo. Like any high-end microphone, Royer Live Series mics need to be handled carefully during set-up and break-down. Proper handling and storage in a dedicated microphone container will assure years of reliable service.
- Phantom powered circuitry provides high output and impedance matching
- -15 dB pad before the mic' electronics gives more headroom when activated.
- Bass cut filter reduces proximity effect and bass below 100 Hz when activated
- High SPL Capabilities
- No distortion up to maximum SPL rating
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon element is not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high frequency phase distortion
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of element
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance
- Rear side of mic records slightly brighter when three feet or closer to sound source
Order the next-generation active ribbon mic from Royer.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.