- H70015 000000000 H70015000000000
Shure Beta 98A/C Instrument Mic
- Write a Review
The Shure Beta 98A/C is a compact, high-output, condenser microphone for professional sound reinforcement and studio recording. An extremely uniform ...Click To Read More About This Product
Earn up to 1,592 (1x) in bonus points today for this item!
6-Month*** financing available
A miniature mic with a SPL capability suitable for drums and horns.
The Shure Beta 98A/C is a compact, high-output, condenser microphone for professional sound reinforcement and studio recording. An extremely uniform cardioid polar pattern provides excellent gain before feedback and off-axis rejection of unwanted noise. Its high sound pressure level (SPL) capability makes it useful for a variety of acoustic or amplified instruments including drums, piano, reed, wind, and strings. This microphone requires phantom power and performs best with a 48 VDC supply. Comes with an external in-line preamplifier, RK282 shock-mount swivel adapter, 7.6 m (25 ft.) light-weight cable, snap-fit windscreen, and zippered pouch.
- Premier live performance microphone with Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Uniform cardioid polar pattern provides maximum gain-before-feedback Superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Tailored frequency response specifically shaped for drums, percussion, reeds, and horns
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Enamel-coated metal construction and stainless steel inner grille resist wear and abuse
- Includes external in-line preamplifier, RK282 shock-mount swivel adapter, 7.6 m (25 ft.) light-weight cable, snap-fit windscreen, and zipper pouch
Beta 98A/C Instrument Mic
- Type: Electret Condenser
Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Output Impedance: 179 Ohms
Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage): -48.0 dBV/Pa (4.0 mV)
Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD): 1000 Ohm load: 144 dB
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz): 64 dB (S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self noise, A-weighted)
Dynamic Range (at 1 kHz): 1000 Ohm load: 114 dB
Common Mode Rejection (20 Hz to 20 kHz): > 50 dB
Clipping Level (1 kHz at 0.25% THD): 1000 Ohm load: 1.0 dBV (1.26 V) (THD of microphone preamplifier when applied input signal is equivalent to cartridge output at specified SPL)
Self-Noise (typical, equivalent SPL, A-weighted): 30 dB SPL
Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
Weight: Net: 12 g (0.6 oz.)
Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male, balanced
Power Requirements: 11-52 VDC phantom, 3.6 mA
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Very nice natural sound for strings instruments
- Strings ensemble
Comments about Shure Beta 98A/C Instrument Mic:
Excellent mic for strings Violin, Viola & Cello.
Never had to bring mic stands anymore for my quartet gig, just clip this mic behind the bridge, it sound crisp and natural with the right mix.
- Was this a gift?: