- Product 482679
Sony ICD-UX70 Digital Voice and MP3 Recorder - Red
- Write a Review
Plug the Sony ICD-UX70 Digital Voice Recorder directly into your compatible PC or Mac and enjoy easy, drag and drop file transfers. Its built-in 1GB ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Record in style with convenient direct USB connection and up to 290 hours of crystal clear recording!
Plug the Sony ICD-UX70 Digital Voice Recorder directly into your compatible PC or Mac and enjoy easy, drag and drop file transfers. Its built-in 1GB Flash memory lets you record up to 290 hours of lectures, personal notes and more. You can even play back your favorite MP3 audio files and listen on the included stereo headphones. This compact and attractive digital voice recorder features five recording modes, Windows and Mac compatibility and it's available in 3 fashionable colors.
- MP3 Stereo Recording and Playback
- Allows you to playback up to 18 hours of MP3 files and record using the MP3 file format.
- USB Direct Connection
- allows you to plug your voice recorder directly into a USB port on a computer or hub, eliminating the need for cables.
- 1GB Built-in Flash Memory
- uses a high capacity IC chip, which may be recorded over and used again and again with distortion free clarity.
- Up to 290 Hours Recording Time
- LP mode gives you plenty of time to record everything you need.
- Drag & Drop File Transfer
- allows you to easily drag files from your PC right to the voice recorder, no software is required. Supports Hi-Speed USB.
- Voice Operated Recording (VOR)
- stops the recording during silent pauses, saving valuable recording time, then begins recording again without missing a single syllable because of the digital buffer.
- Digital Pitch Control and A-B Repeat
- allows recordings to be heard at slower than normal speeds without distortion to facilitate transcribing and editing, or at faster than normal speeds to move quickly to a desired portion.
- Selectable Microphone Sensitivity (Hi/Lo)
- enables you to record different situations, from group meetings to individuals, more effectively.
- PC Data Storage
- No PC application software required
- Windows/MAC compatible
- Stereo Headphones supplied
- U5 Recording Modes: LP/SP/STLP/STSP/ST
- LCD : Display: Alarm, Connecting, Hold Mark, ST/STSP/STLP/SP/LP/Mode, Voice Operated Recording, Title and Artist name/ID3 tag, Back Light, Files Number, Folder, Full Dot-matrix Display, Mic Sensitivity(H/L), Memory Remain, Repeat, Play/Remain Time, Erase, Battery Remain, Date & Time, Rec Date/Time, Title/ID3-tag
- Speakers: Inner Speaker: 10mm
- Convenience Features: Remote Control : Record/Pause, Stop, Forward, Play/Pause, Rewind, A-B Repeat
- Function: Playback Functions: Play, Continuous Play, Alarm Playback, Repeat (A-B,1), Easy Search, Cue/Review, Volume Control, Digital Pitch Control, All Repeat, Folder Shuffle Repeat, Playback Effect (Bass 1, Bass 2)
- Function: Recording Function: Recording, Mic-Sens. Select, Voice Operated Recording, Recording Monitor, Recording Mode(ST/STSP/STLP/SP/LP)
- Function: Pause Function: Rec/Pause
- Function: Edition: Folder Select, Move(to another folder), 1-File Erase, All Erase, 1-Folder All Erase
- Function: Setting: LED ON/OFF, Beep ON/OFF, Date Clock, Display, Backlight ON/OFF, Voice Operated Recording ON/OFF, DPC -50% - +100%, Easy Search ON/OFF, Alarm ON/OFF
- Function: Switch: Rec/Pause, Cue, Review, Stop, Play/Stop
- Inputs and Outputs:
- Headphone Jack: Earphone Jack, Mic Jack, USB
- Output(s): Max: 90mW
- Memory Size: 1GB
- Accessories Supplied:
- AAA Alkaline Battery (1)
- Stereo Headphone
- USB Extension Cable
- Warranty Card
- Customer Registration Flyer
- Customer Support URL Info
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Basically, I got one of these because I needed a cheap USB recorder to capture ideas that was also Mac compatible. And for that alone, it does the job. However, don't even think for a minute that this is an inexpensive replacement for an Edirol R-09 or similar. It records COMPRESSED mp3 at 192kbps, and you can definitely hear the compression. I have it attached to a mixer's line out. There is also a line level and 2 mic levels (low and high) and I find the line level too low to capture anything so I use the mic low level (this while attached with a cable). As far as the mics themselves, well, the low level is probably good enough for a band rehearsal if you needed something quick, but the high gain is too high for anything beyond a voice, and will distort badly. All in all, it's a voice recorder, and it's pretty straight forward for that, but don't go cheap (like I did) to capture band rehearsals. Just get the Edirol or Sony pro recorder that can handle 16/24 bit .WAV files, etc. The plus here though is the size and the USB connection which make it easy to connect to a hub. Comes with an extension USB cable about 6" long. Also can be used as a file transfer device.
I bought this for journalism and for producing actualities for multimedia on the internet. I had another model of ICD* recorder that I wanted to replace because this is an MP3 recorder with a USB plug built-in. The other made a proprietary file that I had to unload with Sony software onto a PC, where I use a Mac.This recorder is well-made, quite small and does a fair job recording through dual stereo mics. It slips in the pocket and you hardly know it's there. The bright red catches the eye makes it less likely to get lost.On the downside, it did not have a manually controllable recording level as my other one did (which was cheaper). It took 20-30 seconds to start up after you switched off the "hold" button, making spontaneous recording less spontaneous. I wonder why Sony can't make a high quality voice recorder with adjustable recording volume, a common file format like MP3, a drag-and-drop download system without DRM or requiring clunky software for this price? To get all the conveniences an average person would want, you have to spend more than this. I'm done with Sony.