- Product 702770
Spectrasonics Stylus RMX - RealTime Groove Module
- Write a Review
The Spectrasonics Stylus RMX is a plug-in for PC and Mac that combines the power of Groove Control with Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine (S.A.G.E...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Realtime groove module with the Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine!
The Spectrasonics Stylus RMX is a plug-in for PC and Mac that combines the power of Groove Control with Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine (S.A.G.E.) technology. The Stylus RMX was created from the ground up with features including the Chaos Designer, a redesigned multipage interface, a new core of library sounds, all with a focus on realtime groove creation and performance.
New Core library
The massive 7.4GB core library in Stylus RMX has thousands of cutting-edge grooves and sounds created by Spectrasonics' international sound design team and produced by Eric Persing. The core library contains nearly triple the amount of sounds originally offered in the original Stylus, and all the original material as well. The new sounds and grooves in Stylus RMX offer a much wider range of modern musical genres than the original. Mixes of grooves are broken down into individual tracks, called Elements, for flexibility and infinite combinations.
Also new in Stylus RMX are thousands of Kit modules, as well as user Kit construction. The new sound menus have over 10,000 new single hits, all arranged in organized categories. You can create your own customized multitrack remix grooves and kits, save them into the plug-in, and even share them with other Stylus RMX users on different platforms and hosts. It's the ultimate Remix-oriented sound module for building grooves.
Stylus RMX is Spectrasonics' first expandable system, with a series of 5 "S.A.G.E. Xpanders" for Stylus RMX. Stylus RMX also can be expanded with existing Groove Control CD-ROM libraries and even REX files--which opens the door for musicians to utilize their own audio loops within the powerful S.A.G.E. Environment.
Introduce subtle to extreme musical Chaos into the groove with simple controls, which allows it to have constantly evolving variations--giving the impression the audio grooves are improvising. A Capture feature allows the spontaneous audio chaos patterns to be made into a MIDI file, dragged and dropped into the host sequencer, and played back again for further editing.
- S.A.G.E. technology (Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine)
- Realtime auto-sync to the beat so grooves are always in time, even when performed live
- Groove Control is always active for optimum sound quality at virtually any tempo
- 7.4GB Core Library, with nearly triple the sounds of the original Stylus (the original Stylus core library also included)
- Add more grooves with new series of "S.A.G.E. Xpanders"
- Expandable with Groove Control activated sample libraries
- Expandable with Propellerhead's REX files, which allow a user to import their own audio loops via ReCycle
- Thousands and thousands of grooves, sounds, patches and interchangeable "Kit modules" for building grooves
- New multipage interface with fully integrated browser for easily auditioning & organizing grooves
- World-class integrated FX Racks with 24 professional effects: Tube Limiter, Tape Slammer, Modern and Vintage Compressors, Wah-Wah, Power Filter, 6 different Vintage/Parametric/Graphic Equalizers, Flame Distortion, Valve Radio, EZ-Verb, Gate Expander, Stereo Imager, Flanger, 2 different Phasers, 3 BPM Delays, Retroplex Tape Delay
- Innovative Chaos Designer adds musical variations and "improvising" within stereo audio grooves
- 8-part multitimbral, each part can have dozens of grooves and samples
- Multiple stereo outputs (with supported software)
- Edit Groups offer unique control of individual beats within an audio loop: add ambience to just the backbeat, control the pitch of the snare inside a stereo loop, reverse only specific slices in the loop . . . nondestructively
- Favorites menu creation of user-defined suites of grooves, perfect for project-by-project work
- Built-in mixer with 8 channels, mute/solo, level, meters, 4 aux sends, output assignments
- Drag and drop MIDI files into host sequencer
- User kit building from core library, user remixes, cross-platform/cross-host patch compatibility
- Easy MIDI control of all 10,000 parameters with MIDI Learn: simply grab the parameter and the hardware control
- Groove Menu mode allows any suite of multiple grooves to be played live from the keyboard on a single MIDI channel
- Grooves can be instantly auditioned at half time/double time
- Build multitrack grooves in realtime!
- Real-time jamming in sync!
- Powerful sound design features include: New multimode Power Filter, 3 syncable LFOs, 3 AHDR envelopes, Reverse, and more
- Edit Templates to browse and audition grooves using custom sets of parameter edits
- Easy edit page with big knobs for simple, yet powerful control of key parameters
- 3 hours of video tutorials are included — a visual way to quickly learn about Stylus RMX
Stylus RMX - RealTime Groove Module
- SINGLE-TIMBRAL (1 Part) System Recommendations
- 640MB RAM, 8GB free hard disc space for core library, DVD-ROM drive
- OSX 10.2.6 or higher, 500mHz G3 or better CPU
- Audio Unit, RTAS, or VST host
- Windows PC:
- Windows 2000/XP, 600mHz Pentium III or better CPU, sound card
- VST host
- MULTI-TIMBRAL (8 Parts) System Recommendations
- 1GB RAM, 8GB free hard disc space for core library, DVD-ROM drive
- OSX 10.2.6 or higher, 1gHz G4/G5 or better CPU
- Audio Unit, RTAS or VST host
- Windows PC:
- Windows 2000/XP, 1ghz Pentium IV or better CPU, sound card
- VST host
- Stylus RMX operates as a virtual instrument software plug-in for Macintosh and Windows in all major hosts including Apple Logic, MOTU Digital Performer, Digidesign Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Steinberg Cubase SX, Nuendo, V-Stack, Apple Garage Band, Fruity Loops, Sony Acid Pro, Cakewalk Sonar, Project 5, and many other VST and Audio Unit host applications
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
This thing is awesome. It has endless possibilities, not to mention the time I saved on just creating music.
Lots of people have written about this product and its unending uses for electronic and hiphop but there is another aspect of this software that is just starting to catch on. I produce Rock, Pop, Indie and songwriter type stuff and I use Stylus RMX for almost every ProTools session I create. If your used to multitracking you probably have a idea of how useful it is to have your sessions BPM synced to the tempo of your songs. Now if your using a click track to help your musicians keep time with your session you might have found there to be problems with 1/4 or 1/8 note clicks cause they just don't groove with your song. this is where stylus RMX comes in for me. I can get the exact groove for any song I could ever work on. I use a stereo stylus loop instead of a 1/4 or /18 note click. And I do it just about every session. It helps all my musicians keep not only good time but great goove. Also as an added bouns... if your the kind producer who spends lots of time editing and pocketing your audio the stylus come in handy as a visual tool for what to pocket your waveforms to. I would never consider using stylus to simulate a real drum set. If your looking for real sounding drums check out BFD. You'd never know your not listening to real recorded drums with the BFD. Don't get me wrong! I use stylus beats often in final mixes to add a kinda of electronic groove feel before bringing in the full band drums and such. they sound and feel great. lots of cool kits to choose from and as I said. there is no way you can't find the groove you want within a few minutes.As a producer your just cutting yourself short if you don't have Stylus in your rig. It simply is a time saver and great idea builder. GET IT!