- Product H70572
Telefunken R-F-T AK-47 MkII Multi Pattern Vacuum Tube Mic
- Write a Review
The R-F-T line of tube condenser microphones utilizes American designed electronics in conjunction with New Old Stock tubes and standardized parts fr...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
TELEFUNKEN quality at a price mere mortals can afford.
The R-F-T line of tube condenser microphones utilizes American designed electronics in conjunction with New Old Stock tubes and standardized parts from overseas manufacturers. This enables TELEFUNKEN to provide a lower cost alternative to more expensive microphone systems without cutting costs or sacrificing quality.
The amplifier found in the R-F-T AK-47 MkII features a new proprietary circuit designed around a NOS TELEFUNKEN EF-732 tube and a custom output transformer that is a replica of the historic BV8 transformer found in the historic TELEFUNKEN U-47 and U-48 microphones. The dual sided large diaphragm capsule undergoes rigorous testing prior to installation, and again during final testing and burn-in of the microphone.
The TELEFUNKEN EF-732 tube is very similar to the AC-701 tube in that is provides a "velvety" character to the overall tone of the microphone. When this tube is coupled with the historically accurate recreation of the BV8 transformer some of the magic begins, but they didn't stop there. The layout of the circuit board features broader traces for superior current on demand capability (which enhances the low frequency and transient response capability of the amplifier) as well as a layout, which minimizes noise and cross talk between components.
Sonically, the R-F-T AK-47 MkII is a remarkably hi-fidelity microphone with a "present" but not "harsh" character, which in many ways is reminiscent of a cross between the historic M-49 and U-47/48 microphones of yesteryear. The result is a microphone with superior high frequency detail, a rich and thunderous low end, without the upper mid-range frequency bump that is often found in microphones in this price range. Instead, it has a delicate and intimate "air" that is usually found only in microphones three times the price.
- A remarkably hi-fidelity multi-pattern microphone
- NOS (new old stock) TELEFUNKEN EF-732 tube
- Circuit board features broader traces for superior current on demand capability
- Upgraded transformer offers more refinement and articulation
- Exceptional low end resolution for recording cello, bass, and grand piano
- Includes power supply, shock mount, and wooden box
- Type: Condenser Pressure Gradient
- Capsule: TK47 dual sided gold sputtered
- Frequency Range: 20Hz / 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Omni, Cardioid, Figure 8 with 6 intermediate stages Sensitivity: 14MV/Pa = -37dB (0dB = 1v/Pa) -10bD
- Impedance: 200 ohms SPL125 dB
- Non Linear Distortion(for 1% THD @ 1KHz): 132dB
- Equivalent Noise: 16 dB (A-weighted)
- Tube Type: EF732 Telefunken NOS
- Power: Dedicated Power Supply
- Weight: 27oz (765g)
- Size: 9 ½" (241mm) length x 1 ¾" (44.45mm) diameter
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Sound
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about Telefunken R-F-T AK-47 MkII Multi Pattern Vacuum Tube Mic:
This mic is a significant upgrade from my Sure KSM32 that I've been using for years. It provides a bit of natural compression and a ton of warmth thanks to the sexy tube inside. I've been running it through the Rupert Neve Portico 517 and it sounds incredible. Mostly used for voiceover so far, but acoustics and vocals also sound rich and incredible with this mic.