- J47700 000000000 J47700000000000
Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII SOLO Thunderbolt Audio Interface
- Write a Review
The next-generation Apollo Twin Series is a ground-up redesign of the original—delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel and flow of a...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface with realtime UAD-2 SOLO processing for Mac.
The next-generation Apollo Twin Series is a ground-up redesign of the original—delivering enhanced audio conversion with the tone, feel and flow of analog recording. Apollo Twin MkII improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion. Available with a choice of UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core processing onboard, Apollo Twin lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-ins—including genuine analog emulations of iconic vintage recording gear.
Next-Generation Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
Apollo Twin MkII improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion—giving you increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. This next-generation conversion results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in recordings—as heard on hit records by Kendrick Lamar, Coldplay, Brad Paisley, and more.
Unison™ Mic Preamp Emulation Technology for Neve, API, Manley, UA & More
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo Twin MkII’s Unison technology gives you the genuine tone of the world’s most sought-after tube and transformer-based mic preamps—including Neve, API, Manley, and UA—complete with their signature impedance, gain stage “ sweet spots,” and component-level circuit behaviors. Based on Apollo Twin MkII’s unrivaled hardware-software integration, Unison lets you record at near-zero latency through preamp emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp, for authentic analog sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo Twin MkII’s front panel Hi-Z instrument input, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for exclusive guitar and bass amp models from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
Realtime UAD-2 Processing — a Studio Full of Analog Sounds
Building upon the Apollo tradition, Apollo Twin MkII opens up a range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with a choice of UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core processing onboard, Apollo Twin lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — at near-zero latency. Right out of the box, the Apollo Twin MkII includes the “ Realtime Analog Classics” suite of UAD plug-ins—the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A and 1176LN compressors, Pultec EQs, and more—so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics already onboard. Unlike competing interfaces, the Apollo Twin MkII powers UAD plug-ins inside all major DAWs for mixing and mastering (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64 format), greatly offloading the processing required from your host Mac or PC.
Available with UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, and SOLO Core Processing
In addition to the popular UAD-2 SOLO and DUO Core models, Apollo Twin MkII is available in an ultra-powerful UAD-2 QUAD Core model, allowing more plug-in horsepower for running the most complex and convincing analog emulations on the market.
Built to Record: Improved Monitoring and Workflow
Apollo Twin MkII offers greatly improved monitor functionality versus the original Apollo Twin — with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes monitorremote controls and a built-in talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII’s scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Professional Performance and Scalability with Console 2
Users of Apollo Twin MkII can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with anApollo 8, 8p, or 16 rackmount unit, you can use Apollo Twin as a desktop monitor control while still tapping its additional I/O and DSP power.
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Bundle:
UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
Softube Bass Amp Room 8x10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency*
- 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Console 2.0 software features Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- *Apollo Twin MkII SOLO, DUO, and QUAD include the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
The new Apollo Twin-born to make records!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.