- Product 500464
Universal Audio UAD-2 Solo Flexi DSP Accelerator Card
- Write a Review
The UAD-2 SOLO Flexi gives producers and engineers a simple, powerful entry point into the award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform on Mac or PC—p...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A package that lets you select from UA's world-class plug-in library.
The UAD-2 SOLO Flexi gives producers and engineers a simple, powerful entry point into the award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform on Mac or PC—plus a $500 plug-in voucher to build your own personalized bundle. This DSP accelerator package includes several of Universal Audio's most popular "analog classic" plug-ins—the LA-2A and 1176 Compressors/Limiters, and the Pultec EQP-1A—for rich, vintage sound quality right out of the box. It also provides a processing boost for running larger mixes, thanks to its PCIe card with an onboard SHARC processor. Better still, it gives users access to the UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including some of the best-reviewed plug-ins of all time.
Specifically, the UAD-2 SOLO Flexi provides access to popular UAD plug-in titles from Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, Teletronix, and more (sold separately), from any Mac or PC with available PCIe card slot. Whether you use Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Digital Performer, or Pro Tools, these UAD-2 plug-ins can inject the character and quality of classic hardware into your mixes, while freeing up your computer's internal processor for other mixing duties.
Mac- and Windows-compatible, with support for VST, Audio Units and RTAS, the UAD-2 SOLO Flexi is easy to use. Just install the software, install the card, and start mixing.
Developed by one of the industry's finest engineering teams, and backed by frequent new software and plug-in releases, the UAD-2 is the processing platform of choice for many of the world's top musicians, producers, and engineers.
- Run world-class UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins on your Mac or PC
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN/SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins
- Access the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including: Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, Teletronix, and more (sold separately)
- Includes $500 voucher for plug-in purchases via UA's Online Store
- Run complex mix processing in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Performer, and more—without taxing host computer CPU
- Free UAD software upgrades, plus access to more plug-ins at UA's Online Store
- High-bandwidth PCIe card w/ (1) Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processor
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Tiger / Leopard / Snow Leopard and Windows XP / Vista / 7 compatible
- Use up to 4 UAD-2(s) in one system; can be combined with UAD-1 cards
UAD-2 Solo Flexi DSP Accelerator Card
- High-bandwidth x1 PCI Express card (PCIe 2.0 compatible)
- UAD-2 SOLO: low-profile, half-height, short PCIe card
- UAD-2 DUO/QUAD: full-height, short PCIe card
- 1, 2 or 4 Analog Devices SHARC 21369 floating-point processors
- Multi-card support for up to 4 UAD-2's and 4 UAD-1's in one computer
- Cross-Platform for Mac OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6, Windows XP/x64, Vista32/64, 7 32/64
- Supports VST, RTAS, and Audio Units plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz sample rate support for all plug-ins
- Drivers optimized for modern multithread and multiprocessor architectures
- Realtime and faster than realtime processing for mix bounces
- LoadLock ensures resource availability on loaded plug-ins
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins
- Minimum System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows XP (Home, Professional, or x64 Edition), Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista (x86 or x64), Windows 7 (32 or 64)
- Mac OS X 10.4.x Tiger, 10.5.x Leopard, or 10.6.x Snow Leopard
- Processor upgrade cards are not officially supported
- 1 available PCIe (PCI Express) x1/x4/x8 or x16 slot
- 256MB RAM (512MB is strongly recommended)
- 1024 x 768 or higher resolution monitor
- CD-ROM drive or internet connection for software installation
- 125MB available hard drive space for UAD-2 or UAD-1 installation
- 250MB available hard drive space for combined UAD-2 plus UAD-1 installation
- Internet connection required for registration and plug-in authorization
- Compatible VST or Audio Units plug-in host application software
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Universal Audio UAD-2 Solo Flexi DSP Accelerator Card:
I know that especially in an economy like this, finding $ just isn't possible, but if you can sell your xbox or whatever, then do it...you'll be spending all that time on your DAW after you put this in just remixing all your stuff with the UA pluggins. It's reallly worth it!
OK, so here's my gear in a nutshell: HP Pavillion, Win 7 64bit, Motu 2408 MK3, Sonar 8.5.
Now, here's my review: So I paid about $ for this thing that I've had my eye on for sometime now. I was a little hesitant sticking this into my already rather weak system (I only have a 250 watt power supply). I also was skeptical I would find this card to be as "amazing" as all the Youtube videos and other reviews claim. I bought this diving head first and found that I have to completely remix EVERYTHING now since just the 1176 compressor alone blows away all the crappy cakewalk compressors. Don't get me wrong, I still live and die by Cakewalk Sonar, but let's face it, they gave me some pretty crappy processing devices. This more than makes up for it. Now I sound ALOT more like a major studio. There was an almost +10dB difference in the Boost11 64bit compressor and the 1176. It almost blew out my monitors! Awesome!
So now I know what really seperates the Protools program from all the others...all the editing and other functions are the same. The hardware is still a little better, but not by much if at all and definitely not worth the extra $$$.
UA gives you something like 5 plugins with the card along with a $500 voucher, and when I registered, they gave me another cool plugin PLUS a $25 coupon. Too cool. GET THIS NOW!
I ONLY gave this an 8 because I did notice that there were some pops and clicks when I jumped from one part of a song to another, but this is probably just a small driver issue and it doesn't bother me at all anyways.
It beats spending thousands more for the same result!