- Product 633214
Vestax PMC-500 DJ Mixer
- Write a Review
Flexible enough to be used by anyone, the rackmountable PMC-500 DJ Mixer is engineered with the highest standards to suit the styles of a thousand ge...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A comprehensive solution for fixed installations with advanced I/O and expandability.
Flexible enough to be used by anyone, the rackmountable PMC-500 DJ Mixer is engineered with the highest standards to suit the styles of a thousand genres. The PMC-500 features 5 channels, each with 3-band EQ, 7-segment LED level indicator, plus an extensive array of I/O options.
Line in (RCA) and phono (RCA) inputs on each channel feed the 60mm Tight Torque faders. Effects level controls are also provided on each channel for fine tuning and separating effects when routing audio to the unit's aux send output.
2 dedicated mic channels offer 1/4" unbalanced inputs, and Mic 1 also features a balanced XLR input. For additional flexibility, the mic channels can also be used as line channels via top panel RCA inputs (indicated by an LED when active).
For external effects linking, the PMC-500 provides an aux send and return with separate level controls. The aux send is selectable to pre, off, or post with its own cue switch. The aux RCV (return) is linked to its own 7-segment LED readout for active level metering. Dual master outputs and a dedicated booth output all feature limitable outputs (-10dB/0dB) that can be preset via an attenuation switch under the top panel. The booth output also has a dedicated 2-band EQ and booth mute (100%) switch. A headphone control section features 2-band EQ and selectable split cue and stereo cue modes.
The PMC-500 includes Vestax's PCV crossfader with pre-selectable crossfader curve settings to fit long- or short-throw mixing styles. The crossfader is also field-replaceable for zero downtime.
Finally, the PMC-500 offers an emergency Fire Alarm function that mutes the mixer's output, allowing only the mic channel to function in an emergency.
- 5 dedicated line channels, each with a 3-band EQ, 7-segment level indicator, numerous input options, great effects controls, and super smooth 60mm tight torque rail slide fader
- 2 dedicated mic channels, which can also be used as line channels
- Mic 1 XLR input
- Mic 2 unbalanced 1/4" input
- Mic effect loop inputs (1/4") and 2-band on mic channels
- Mic channels are switchable to line channels
- PCV crossfader (user replaceable) with 4 pre-selectable crossfader curve settings for long or short mixing (scratching and cutting)
- Flexible aux send and receive controls, both with volume level controls
- Aux send is pre-selectable to pre, off, or post with its own cue switch
- 7-segment LED for active level metering on aux RCV
- Full master and booth controls
- Both Master 1 & 2 and booth outputs are limitable
- Attenuation switch is pre selectable to -10dB or 0dB
- Dedicated 2-band EQ and mute (100%) switch on booth level
- Advanced monitoring and headphone controls with dedicated 2-band EQ
- Selectable split cue or stereo cue headphone signal
- Fire alarm mute function
PMC-500 DJ Mixer
Line In (RCA) x 12
Phone In (RCA) x 5
Mic In (XLR) x 1
Mic In (PHONE) x 1
Mic Effect Loop (PHONE) x 2
Aux RCV (PHONE) x 1
Master Out 1 (XLR 2 HOT) x 1 (PHONE) x 1 [Master Out ATT -10dB or 0dB]
Master Out 2 (XLR 2 HOT) x 1 (PHONE) x 1 [Master Out 2 ATT -10dB or 0dB]
Booth Out (XLR) x 1 (PHONE) x 1
[BOOTH OUT ATT -10dB or 0dB]
Rec Out (RCA) x 1
Aux Send (PHONE) x 1
Mic Effect Loop (PHONE) x 2
Headphone Out (PHONE) x 1
2-Band Line CH
2-Band Booth Monitor
2-Band H.P. Monitor
3U or 19"W x 5-2/5"H x 9-1/4"D (482 x 137 x 235mm)
17.6 lbs. (8.0kg)
Fire Alarm Mute Function
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I am a strong believe that when you buy the best, you learn faster, while not having to adapt to a product's faults. The Vestax PMC-500 may not be in the price range of a beginner, but contains the quality any professional DJ would dream of. The short cross fader is supreme for any DJ working with the hip hop/urban genre. If you are into heavy turntablism, you will not find a better cross fader to help you with your quick cutting. The line faders create some of the smoothest and cleanest fades, perfect for electronic music. The EQ's can cut and boost frequencies flawlessly; if you do not want bass, there will be NO BASS! Those who choose to use more than 2 turntables, have the option to use up to five; this allows for great multi-sound mixing, like when using instrumentals and a capellas. When recording mixed CD's, the PMC-500 has a high output that will deliver every frequency to your recording device. I recommend this mixer to all in the DJ business, stop wasting time with other products faults, it will only slow your technique learning down.