- Product 484081
Waldorf Edition Plug-In Suite
- Write a Review
The Waldorf Edition Plug-In Suite features the famous and award-winning PPG Wave 2.V Classic Wavetable Synthesizer, Attack Percussion Synthesizer, an...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
3 popular Waldorf synths and effect plug-ins, updated and optimized for VST and AU host apps.
The Waldorf Edition Plug-In Suite features the famous and award-winning PPG Wave 2.V Classic Wavetable Synthesizer, Attack Percussion Synthesizer, and D-Pole Filter plug-ins as VST and AudioUnit variants for your latest Windows XP (32-bit) or Mac OS X computers. The Macintosh versions are Universal Binaries allowing you to run the software on the latest Macintosh computers with Intel processors.
PPG Wave 2.V
PPG Wave 2.V is the reincarnation of a cult, which started back in 1982 and is now available as a VST Instrument for your PC and Mac VST system.
The Wave 2 series was the first digital wavetable synthesizer with analog filters, heralding a revolution in both sound and concept. The Wave's most interesting feature was its ability to sweep through 64 waveforms in what PPG called a wavetable.
Almost 2000 waveforms were available within the Wave's 32 internal wavetables. The result of this wavetable technology is that the PPG instrument has a much broader palette and more animated sound than typical analog synthesizers of the early 80s, which tended to have only a few static waveforms such as sawtooth, pulse, or triangle. The PPG sound was very unique and identifiable.
Now this exclusive sound has been brought back to life with all the advantages a completely integrated software production environment such as Cubase VST has to offer: the outputs appear directly in the VST mixer so effects and EQ can be applied like any other audio channel. MIDI tracks are routed directly to the input of the PPG Wave 2.V without involving the vagaries of MIDI cables and interfaces.
The polyphony now depends solely on the CPU power of your computer and opening up to 8 PPG Wave 2.Vs, each with 8 times multitimbral capability, gives you more than enough space for your sound imagination. A graphical page offers easy editing of envelopes, generators, and Cutoff/Emphasis.
The combination of modern music software technology plus the charm and massive sound potential of the "old" digital days results in a unique instrument which brings back individuality and pure fun: The PPG Wave 2.V.
Attack Percussion Synthesizer
Attack is a percussion synthesizer with a powerful virtual-analog synth engine. It seamlessly integrates the sound of the 80s analog classics and the ambitious electronic club drums of the 90s into the virtual instrument hosts of the 21st century. Attack generates all its sounds in realtime, giving you the freedom to alter all parameters directly.
The synth engine has 24 sounds available per percussion set, spread over two octaves. The sound architecture is extremely flexible, as one would expect from a Waldorf synthesizer. Two oscillators, each with nine waveforms, represent the sources. In addition to well-known analog waveforms, Attack offers three samples to help create hi-hats or crash cymbals.
Ring modulation and frequency modulation expand the sound spectrum with metallic components. The integrated "Crack" module takes care of reproducing analog handclaps authentically.
Attack also contains a filter section with 6 filter types”resonance up to self-oscillation”and an overdrive of up to +52dB. The two envelopes are used to alter oscillator pitches, FM amount, filter cutoff, and output volume.
Two modulation delays and 6 stereo outputs connect Attack to the digital world. Seamless integration into virtual instrument hosts means that all parameters may be addressed via MIDI controllers, allowing you to create powerful dynamic changes.
And, as though this were not enough, twelve sounds in each drum set can be played melodically. With this feature, you can create tom fills and conga or other percussive grooves in no time, and you can even play bass, melody, or sequencer lines.
D-POLE Filter Plug-In for VST
The D-POLE is a musically versatile filter plug-in which offers the same experimental capabilities as its hardware equivalent. Filter your voice with no less than 5 filter types. Morph a simple acoustic drum loop into a biting groovy dance rhythm using the LFO (whose speed is also adjustable in BPM). Add Overdrive to your lead guitar. Get the vintage ring-modulated sound for really wild experiments and send it through the stereo delay.
Create completely new audio material for sound FX purposes within seconds due to the real-time facility of VST. All important parameters can be fully automated and settings can be easily saved as single programs or banks.
- 8 times multitimbral
- 32 wavetables with 64 different waveforms each
- 2 oscillators per voice
- low-pass filter with Emphasis
- 1 LFO
- 3 envelopes (2 ADSR, 1 AD)
- Velocity and Aftertouch sensitivity
- Graphical interface for envelope generators and Cutoff/Emphasis
- Number of voices depending solely on CPU power
- Real-time MIDI control and automation of all parameters
- Up to 8 units can work at the same time (depending on CPU power)
- Complete unit and all settings can be saved with the song (Cubase VST)
- Sound rendering (Cubase VST)
- Virtual analog sound synthesis
- 36 sounds kits with over 850 sounds included
- 24 percussion sounds per kit
- Plays polyphonic Bass and Lead Sounds
- Up to 64 voices per instance (depending on available CPU power)
- 2 Delay Effects with modulation, synchronizable to tempo
- 6 Stereo Outputs
- All parameters addressable via MIDI controllers or host automation
- Per sound:
- 2 oscillators, each with 9 waveforms (triangle, sine, square, sawtooth, sample & hold, noise, closed hi-hat, open hi-hat, crash cymbal)
- Frequency Modulation
- Ring Modulation
- 'Crack'-module for authentic analog Hand Claps
- Multimode Filter with 6 Filter Types and Resonance up to self-oscillation (Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass, Notch, Mid-EQ, Low-/High-EQ)
- Overdrive up to +52dB
- Filter LFO, synchronizable to tempo
- 2 ultra-fast Envelopes with variable slope for Pitch, FM amount, Oscillator 2 Level, Filter Cutoff, and Volume
- Filter Module:
- Frequency 0Hz up to over 17000Hz
- Resonance up to self-oscillation
- 5 Filter types: Low Pass, Band Pass,High Pass, Notch, Resonator
- 12dB / 24dB Slope selectable
- Amplifier Module:
- Overdrive up to 52dB
- Delay Mix
- LFO Module:
- LFO Speed up to over 7000Hz, syncable to tempo and audio
- 3 LFO Shapes: Sinus, Triangle, Saw
- Positive or negative modulation of Filter Cutoff, Panning and Oscillator Pitch
- Envelope Follower Module:
- Adjustable Decay Rate
- Positive or negative modulation of Filter Cutoff
- Delay Module:
- Delay Time up to 2000ms, syncable to tempo
- Feedback up to 100%
- Oscillator Module:
- Ring Modulation
- Frequency up to over 7000Hz
- Shapes: Sine, Triangle, Saw
- Pentium III/AMD Athlon 600 processor or better, Windows 2000/XP, 64MB free RAM.
- VST 2.0 compatible host software that supports virtual instruments, such as Cubase VST 5.0 or higher, Cubase SX/SL, Nuendo 1.5 or better.
- PC equipped according to the specifications of the VST host software.
- Macintosh with 400MHz G4 PowerPC processor or better, Mac OS X 10.3.9 or newer, 128MB free RAM
- Macintosh with 1.5GHz Intel CoreSolo processor or better, Mac OS X 10.4 or newer, 128MB free RAM
- VST 2.0-compatible host application that supports virtual instruments, such as Cubase SX/SL, Nuendo 1.5 or better
- AudioUnit 2.0-compatible host application that supports AudioUnit Instruments, such as Apple Logic or GarageBand
- Macintosh equipped according to the specifications of the host software