- Product 502862
Powell-Sonare Silhouette Series Black Nickel Flute
- Write a Review
The Sonare Silhouette Series flutes are based upon the popular 505 series. The unique black and silver appearance of these flutes is stunning and a...Read More
The Sonare Silhouette Series flutes are based upon the popular 505 series. The unique black and silver appearance of these flutes is stunning and also a first in the flute world. The Silhouettes incorporate all of the sound and expert workmanship expected from a Sonare. The black nickel plated finish, used for years in saxophone manufacturing, proves to increase the projection while the Sterling silver headjoint underneath prevents the sound from getting bright or shrill. The Silhouette Series flutes feature sterling silver, Powell Signature headjoints, handmade in Boston, which are then black nickel plated. The silver-plated keys feature French pointed arms. The body is made by Powell in Boston and is also black nickel plated.
- Sterling Silver Powell Signature headjoint with Black Nickel Plating
- Black Nickel plated body and foot
- Silver Plated French Style Keys
- French Pointed Arms
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Quality Craftsmanship
- Rich Sound
- Warm Tone
Comments about Powell-Sonare Silhouette Series Black Nickel Flute:
This is a wonderful intermediate-level flute with absolutely gorgeous first and second octaves that speak warmly and clearly, with impressive dynamic range. The head is silver for good tone and response, and the body is nickel-silver for resistance to scratching and tarnish, and economy. The black nickel-silver plating is visually stunning as well.
A few considerations:
- I have played on other flutes that speak more "quickly" than this one. Jazz flautists may want to try this model out first before making a decision
- Be sure to note the various options MusiciansFriend offers for this model, eg. split-E and offset-G. For some reason selecting alternate configurations gives a new image on this website that is different from the default (ie. the preview image becomes all-silver instead of black-nickelsilver); the instrument they deliver will still be black nickel regardless of configuration.
- Third octave and above seem a *tiny* bit more shrill than other models