- 464611 000901000 464611000901000
Yamaha YFL-874HW Handmade Wooden Flute
- Write a Review
The Yamaha YFL-874HW Wooden Flute is for the professional flutist interested in a modern sounding instrument with the old world feel of wood. Yamaha'...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The Yamaha YFL-874HW Wooden Flute is for the professional flutist interested in a modern sounding instrument with the old world feel of wood. Yamaha's type-4 grenadilla wood body is designed to produce a focused tone at every dynamic level. A new scale design offers improved, accurate intonation and an innovative tone hole design. This tone hole design allows for great tone color flexibility by offering precisely the right amount of resistance. The YFL-874HW's grenadilla wood body is cured in the same fashion as Yamaha clarinets and oboes which will help prevent cracking. Yamaha's EC headjoint features a medium undercut embouchure hole with high walls which combine for a rich tone and just the right amount of resistance. The taper of the headjoint is straight and free blowing with a consistent tone. Even though the headjoint is made of grenadilla, it can be used on any silver flute. A special low B gizmo key helps easily facilitate accurate fingering of the high C. The mechanism is made entirely of solid silver, and features white gold springs along with tapered pivot screws. The white gold springs are noted for excellent response to even the lightest touch. Tapered pivot screws allow a technician to accurately adjust the keys for smooth action customized to the artist's preferences.
All Yamaha wind instruments include a limited 5-year warranty.
- Level: Artist
- Key: C
- Body Style: Type-4
- Body Material: Grenadilla Wood
- Head Joint: EC Cut, Grenadilla Wood
- Key Material: Solid Silver
- Plating: Silver
- Tone Holes: Handcrafted and inset
- Key Types: French Style Ring Keys
- Key System: In-line
- Spring Type: White Gold
- Screw Type: Tapered Pivot
- Bumper Type: Cork
- Foot: B with Gizmo Key
- Arms: French Point
- Pads: Double Fish Skin
- Includes: Wooden Case with Cover
- Crafted In: Japan
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.