- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fishman Fluence Modern Humbucker Set Black Nickel
- Write a Review
- J51948 000000000 J51948000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Original and totally re-imagined, Fishman Fluence pickups are free from the hum, noise and frustrating inductance issues that plague even the most co...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Multi-voice with pure, uncorrupted and musical tone.
Original and totally re-imagined, Fishman Fluence pickups are free from the hum, noise and frustrating inductance issues that plague even the most coveted wire-wound pickups — revealing pure, uncorrupted and musical tone.
Modern Neck Humbucker Alnico: All the musicality, power and explosiveness of alnico. Full chords and fluid solos, plus a voice you’ve never heard in a humbucker. Great in both positions, or commonly paired with a ceramic bridge pickup.
Modern Bridge Humbucker Ceramic: Cutting ceramic attack. Brutal active aggression and passive punch in the same guitar. Great in both positions, or commonly paired with alnico neck.
Each Fishman Fluence pickup has two distinct and useful sounds on-board. These sounds start with the revolutionary Fluence Core, the heart of Fluence tone. From this Fluence Core we then create the classic timbres and tone — colors you expect from great guitar pickups — as well as some you’ve never expected.
All Fishman Fluence Pickups
Are Multi-Voice. Set and forget, or wire-up to toggle between two musically complimentary voices.
Drop right in and replace standard humbucker pickups.
Are rechargeable on your guitar. Optional lithium-ion battery pack offers weeks, not hours, of playing time.
Includes one Alnico neck humbucker and one Ceramic bridge humbucker.
- BLACK NICKEL: PRF-MHB-AK1
- VOICE 1: Modern Active High Output — The ideal active alnico sound. Full, round, and boosted, but with unprecedented articulation and dynamics.
- VOICE 2: Crisp, clean and fluid — The clean, crisp neck humbucker tone you’ve always wanted, without the thin, plinky sound you don’t.
- BLACK NICKEL: PRF-MHB-CK1
- VOICE 1: Modern Active High Output — The ideal active ceramic humbucker tone. Crisp, searing crunch, tight bass with no mud, and a growl.
- VOICE 2: Modern Passive Attack — Organic, high output, passive ceramic tone. Superb distortion characteristics with
- Fluence dynamics and response.
- ALNICO PEAK FREQUENCY: Voice 1: 630Hz
- Voice 2: 550Hz / 8kHz
- CERAMIC PEAK FREQUENCY: Voice 1: 720Hz
- Voice 2: 1.8kHz
- ALNICO MAGNETIC MATERIAL: Alnico V
- CERAMIC MAGNETIC MATERIAL: Ceramic VIII
- MAGNETIC CIRCUIT: Bar magnet with blades
- ALNICO GAUSS STRENGTH: 120 Gauss strength at string
- CERAMIC GAUSS STRENGTH: 145 Gauss strength at string
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 2k
- CURRENT DRAW: 2.5mA
- BATTERY: 9-Volt or optional rechargeable battery pack
- BATTERY LIFE: Up to 200 hours
- UNIVERSAL BATTERY PACK: PRO-BPK-101
- LES PAUL* BATTERY PACK: PRO-BPK-LP1
Upgrade your guitar with these amazing pickups. Order today.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Quality
- Improves Sound
Comments about Fishman Fluence Modern Humbucker Set Black Nickel:
These pickups are interesting. I generally can get good sounds out of an EMG 81/85 combo, since I have an Fractal Audio Axe-FX II XL, however I wanted something that sounded better. I am a metal guitarist (Devin Townsend being one of my biggest influences), but need extremely good single-coil tones and wanted the versatility to do things that aren't metal, if I wanted to. The Fluence pickups have been getting a lot of endorsements and hype, and so I was interested after finding out not only do these pickups sound great, but all of the Fluence pickups have coil-tapping options by default. This is something EMG (and other active pickups) do NOT have. The Voice 2 is definitely more bassy and scooped sounding, I use it for clean tones in conjunction with the coil tap. The Voice 1 is similar to an EMG 81 but has clarity you wouldn't believe, a very wide frequency response, and just sounds bigger. In both the lows and highs. I noticed it is also hotter than the EMG's I had previously on my PRS SE Torero - on the bridge pickup in full humbucking Voice 1 mode, I had to turn the input gain of my Axe-FX way down to keep it from clipping. It does take some tweaking, as with changing out any pickups does, to dial in your sound like you'd like. However, I'm very happy. Not only can you get great clean tones and metal tones out of the same guitar, but the pickups look great, are extremely clear, and are not TOO expensive as compared to their competitors. I plan on buying some more of these to put in some other guitars of mine.