- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Peavey Penta Half-Stack
- Write a Review
- Product 485060
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Peavey Penta Half-Stack includes the Penta tube guitar amp head and Penta 412 speaker cabinet.Single-channel Penta tube amp head with selectable ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Multi-voiced versatility in a bulletproof package for the tube purist.
The Peavey Penta Half-Stack includes the Penta tube guitar amp head and Penta 412 speaker cabinet.
Single-channel Penta tube amp head with selectable EQ/gain voicings gives you 5 different personalities to choose from. 4 matched EL34 tubes and 4 - 12AX7 tubes, with ceramic tube sockets, large custom transformers, and superior components give you the vintage rock tones you're searching for. Provides 140W RMS into 16, 8, or 4 ohms.
The Penta Head's 5 classic gain voicings use all-analog Pentatone circuitry and are accessible via a rotary knob and identified by corresponding icons. All you need to do is plug in and play.
¢ Star reveals a classic British "plexi" voicing
¢ Bull produces a modified British voicing with tons of added gain and a tighter low end
¢ Tree lays on a thicker British voicing with a loose attack and slightly more gain
¢ Mudflap Girl is a super-high-gain voicing with a more responsive EQ and power amp section (think Triple XXX)
¢ Cactus is, simply put, Texas fat and clean
The Peavey Penta 412 cabinet is specially voiced for use with the Penta Head. 4 - 12" rear-mounted speakers, 11-ply birch baffle, and 1/2" poplar sides with a striking brown-weave grille cloth.
- Penta tube guitar amp head
- 140W RMS into 16, 8, or 4 ohms
- 4 matched EL34 tubes and 4 - 12AX7 tubes
- DC-powered preamp tube heaters
- Pentatone selects between 5 EQ/gain voicings
- Gain control
- 3-band passive EQ
- Master volume
- Presence control
- Ceramic tube sockets
- Custom USA transformers
- Ultrahigh-quality components
- Penta 412 cabinet
- Specially voiced for use with the Penta amp head
- 11-ply birch baffle
- 1/2" poplar sides
- 4 - 12" rear-mounted speakers
- Striking brown-weave grille cloth
Not one but 5 tube tones at a price that can't be beat--guaranteed!
- Penta tube guitar amp head
- Rated Power and Load:
- 140W RMS into 16, 8, & 4 ohms
- External jacks are paralleled - 4 ohms minimum
- The following specs are measured @ 1kHz with the controls preset as follows:
- Bass, Treble & Mid EQ @ 5
- Master Volume @ 1O
- (Nominal levels are with Pre Gain @ 5. Minimum levels are with Pre Gain @ 10.)
- Preamp Input Section (1st channel):
- Nominal Input Level: 0dBV, 1V RMS
- Minimum Input Level: -20dBV, 100 mV RMS
- Maximum Input Level: 6dBV, 2V RMS
- System Signal-to-Noise:
- (1st channel - 20Hz to 20kHz unweighted)
- (Pre Gain set halfway)
- Greater than 80dB below rated power
- Custom Bass, Mid, & Treble passive type EQ for each mode
- Power consumption:
- Domestic: 300 watts, 60 Hz, 120 VAC
- Export: 300 watts, 50/60 Hz, 220-230/240 VAC
- 17.875"H x 21.375"W x 10.25"D
- (45.40 cm x 54.29 cm x 26.03 cm)
- 57.8 lbs. (26.24 kg) with power supply
- Penta 412 cabinet
- 30"W x 32"H x 14.125"D (Unpacked)
- 32.5"W x 35.5"H x 17"D (Packed)
- 90.5 lbs. (Unpacked)
- 102 lbs. (packed)
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
For pure classic rock tone, this is the one. Peavey nailed it, the only thing missing is an effects loop. I suppose they left that out to remain true to the spirit of what the Penta does best, and that is to give you the best of the 60's and 70's, into early 80's hard rock tones available. Think Page, early Van Halen, Clapton cream era, anyone who used one of those old gold and black amps from England. What's great about that is you can add your own flavor to it by simply tweaking a knob here or there, or backing of the volume pot on your guitar. Really is the best Peavey amp I have ever heard, and a charm for any classic rocker out there. From what I have read, Peavey put alot into high-end components for this amp as well. MASSIVE transformer in this thing=KILLER TONE. Try one, you will love it!
No question about it, this is the best sounding guitar amp that I have ever owned or used. I am also very pleased with the superb build quality of this amp and half stack. Extremely clean but yet the sound is beautifully depthful and the variations of the sounds are quite spectacular. I have own many different guitar amplifiers and I can honestly say, absolutely nothing that I have ever owned in the past comes close to the Peavey Penta.
I bought the Peavey Penta last year and I absolutely love it. I play mainly Heavy Rock/Metal and for only having one channel it completely rocks my world. The other guitarist in my band has a Full stack and The Penta still is a beast to that. I definitely recommend this product :)