- J27785 000000000 J27785000000000
Supro S6420+ Thunderbolt Plus 35W 1x15 Tube Guitar Combo Amp
- Write a Review
The Supro Thunderbolt Plus amplifier adds switchable power-amp topology to the legendary 1964 Supro Thunderbolt, giving you the original 35-Watt “Cla...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Super-simple controls, but plenty of versatility.
- Supro Thunderbolt Amplifier Studio Demo by Bob Lanzetti from Snarky Puppy
- Happy Stranger - Bob Lanzetti, Chris McQueen, Michael League, Jonathan Maron, & Louis Cato
- Supro Thunderbolt Amplifier Studio (CLEAN) Demo by Michael League from Snarky Puppy
- Lenburu - Bob Lanzetti, Chris McQueen, Michael League, Jonathan Maron, & Louis Cato
- Supro Thunderbolt Amplifier Studio (Fbass HAMMERTONE) Demo by Michael League from Snarky Puppy
- Supro Thunderbolt Amplifier Studio Demo (CRUNCH) by Michael League from Snarky Puppy
- Mark Lettieri of Snarky Puppy plays the Supro Thunderbolt with Pigtronix FAT Drive & Echolution 2
- Supro Thunderbolt Reissue Amplifier Soundcheck Demo by Eric Krasno (Soulive)
- Matt Smith plays the Supro S6420 Thunderbolt 1964 Reissue Tube Amplifier
The Supro Thunderbolt Plus amplifier adds switchable power-amp topology to the legendary 1964 Supro Thunderbolt, giving you the original 35-Watt “Class A” Cathode bias sound as well as beefy 45-Watt and 60-Watt Grid bias modes for additional headroom and tonal variation. This unique design is implemented via a three-way selector switch on the front panel.
Normal and extra-hot input options, combined with a wide range of available gain on tap, allow you to fine-tune the texture and response of this amp’s massive sound. Turned all the way up, the Thunderbolt exhibits nearly zero self-noise, yet it puts out enough volume to be easily heard on large venue and theatre stages, with overdrive completely controlled by the guitar’s volume knob. The 35-Watt and 45-Watt modes both deliver the sag and bluster of the 5U4 tube rectifier while the 60-Watt mode uses a silicon rectifier to unleash maximum Thunderbolt power. The 60-Watt mode’s faster transient response and ample headroom is wonderful for pedals, and brings the Supro sound loud and clear to any size venue.
Massive custom transformers and lightweight, vintage-correct cabinetry—combined with the best sounding 15” guitar speaker money can buy—put the Thunderbolt in a class of its own. With the amp turned all the way up, chords ring with exceptional clarity and definition amidst copious amounts of tube overdrive and output-stage saturation. The variable power switching found in the Thunderbolt Plus model is an over-the-top hot-rod custom luxury guitar experience.
- Power: 35 watts (Class A, with tube rectifier); 45 watts (Class AB with tube rectifier); 60 watts (Class AB with silicon rectifier)
- Tubes: two 12AX7; two 6L6; one 5U4
- Single channel
- Two inputs
- Speaker: 1x15 Supro TB15
- Controls: tone, volume, 3-way power-amp switching knob
- Blue Rhino Hide tolex
- Dimensions: 23.6 in. x 19 in. x 10.5 in.
- Weight: 45 lbs.
- Assembled in the U.S.A.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Excellent Sound
- Good Warmth
- Amateur Recording
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about Supro S6420+ Thunderbolt Plus 35W 1x15 Tube Guitar Combo Amp:
After 11 years of playing guitar I finally found a real amplifier. I've never had the budget to play anything other than inexpensive solid states until now. I've looked and looked for something that would work for me, it was between a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe or Blues Junior, Vox Ac30, and Mesa Boogie Lonestar. These new Supros really piqued my interest being made in America, mostly to spec reboots with contemporary considerations, and being championed for their clean amps.
I was really leaning towards the Hot Rod because of the price point and clean ability. I didn't want a drive/multi channel, nor did I want an FX loop, reverb tank, digital effects, etc. The Supro Thunderbolt+ seemed to be everything I was looking for. I've had it for a week now and I am floored by the sound. It's not like a Fender or Vox with their distinct (but limited) sound qualities and EQ. The Thunderbolt has amazing frequency response, huge bass, cutting mids, chimey highs. The single tone control is really all I need and has an insane range. 15" speaker is the best I've heard. Rectifier adds a ton of clean headroom at 60W, but it is plenty loud on any setting. It's an amp that works best when using your volume/tone/pickup on the guitar. Roll back a bit for dirt tones and up a bit for clean. Know that if you are interested. What amazes me most is that playing in a quiet setting it loses no frequency response or tone. This is not what I've known on solid states. It's taken all my pedals like a champ. I am in love with this amp. The cabinet, wiring, etc. seem extremely well built. I've heard Fenders are so mass produced that things like handle construction gets overlooked and get ripped off more often than not. The new Supros are gems, try one out and support this American company making the best amps out there.