- K36988 000000000 K36988000000000
Zoom AC-3 Acoustic Creator Acoustic Multi-Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
Like its little brother, the Zoom AC-3 Acoustic Creator is an enhanced direct box with essential DI features that helps you achieve great tone no mat...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Deliver amazing acoustic tone wherever you are.
Like its little brother, the Zoom AC-3 Acoustic Creator is an enhanced direct box with essential DI features that helps you achieve great tone no matter where you play. The AC-3 is equipped with an effects generator, stereo outputs, and a compressor. With these features plus the same high-quality preamp and 3-band EQ as the AC-2, the AC-3 is an all-in-one acoustic toolkit that’s perfect for live performance and studio.
The Essential Acoustic DI
The AC-3 puts essential DI features right at your fingertips. Its high-quality preamp boosts your signal and helps restore your true acoustic sound. Plus, its 3-band EQ lets you quickly make the perfect adjustments to refine your tone.
To add depth and color to your tone, AC-3 also features the best effects we’ve ever designed for acoustics. Choose from 9 different effects such as delay, chorus, and reverb, each of which has with adjustable parameters for fine-tuning your sound.
Dial In Your Source
With 16 source guitar presets, the AC-3 recovers the sonic characteristics of a variety of guitar types and body shapes. You can choose from dreadnought, upright bass, nylon strings, 12-string and more.
Simply select your guitar of choice, then choose piezo or magnetic pickup. From there, the AC-3 is ready to reproduce and amplify your guitar’s tone with complete accuracy.
The AC-3 also comes with 15 additional target guitar presets that you can use to more accurately match your guitar’s tone. For example, when using a Martin D-18 dreadnought, you can choose the Dreadnought source guitar preset and the D-Eighteen target guitar preset to more closely match the unique sound of your instrument. Or if you’re playing a square shoulder guitar, choose the Square Shoulder source preset, then use the Humming Bird target preset to recreate your tone more accurately.
Ultra Smooth Compression
Whether you’re strumming lightly or playing with a little more intensity, the AC-3’s single-knob compressor is one of the finest you’ve ever heard. Zoom’s single-knob compressor makes it easy to smooth out and control your guitar’s dynamics for a full, balanced sound. Plus, the compressor’s LED indicator makes it simple to adjust dynamics parameters during a live set.
Stereo Outputs Times Two
The AC-3’s balanced XLR mono/stereo outputs with pre/post control allow you to connect to any PA mixing board or studio console. It also includes two 1/4 in. outputs for simultaneous mono/stereo connection to amps, headphones, or audio interfaces. This allows audiences to hear the full character of stereo or delay effects.
Cut Feedback Automatically
The AC-3 is equipped with an anti-feedback button which can also be activated with Zoom’s FS-01 footswitch (sold separately). This automatically locates and eliminates problem frequencies—an essential for live performance.
To eliminate unwanted hum or buzz from mics or speakers, the AC-3 includes a ground/lift switch that interrupts ground loops between equipment.
Thanks to the AC-3’s all-in-one design, you can record the rich, acoustic sound you love without the need for heavy post-production processing. Watch the clip below to see Kyle Bolden record directly from the AC-3 to his computer DAW.
The AC-3's Volume control automatically controls both the preamp’s input gain andoutput level, taking the guesswork out of adjusting sound levels to match.
Tune on the Spot
The AC-3’s built-in tuner with its large LED meter lets you easily see when you’re in tune.
Up to 9 dB of Additional Gain
You can also add up to 9 dB of gain with the tap of your foot using the AC-3's boost function, allowing you to switch from strumming to finger-picking without ever missing a note.
Three Ways to Power Up
Two AA batteries provide up to three hours of continuous power. Alternatively, you can use the included Zoom AD-16 AC adapter for plug-in power, or the micro USB port to bus power the AC-3 via your computer.
Call or click to order today!
- 16 source guitar type/body presets for accurate tone re-creation
- 15 target guitar type/body presets for tonal refinement
- 1/4 in. input
- Two XLR balanced outs
- Two 1/4 in. outputs for mono or stereo connection to guitar amps, headphones, and audio interfaces
- High-quality, low noise preamp
- 9 effects with adjustable parameters
- Piezo/magnetic input pickup select
- Built-in compressor
- 3-band equalizer
- Input and output gain/sensitivity adjustable via single volume knob (patent pending)
- Clipping indicator
- Anti-feedback control
- Boost switch for up to 9 dB of additional gain
- Built-in chromatic visual-LED tuner
- USB connection for firmware updates
- Dual output jacks for connection to guitar amps and mono or stereo PA systems
- Three power options: 2 x AA batteries, the included Zoom AD-16 power adapter (9V DC in), or bus power via micro-USB port
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.