- 511776 000056000 511776000056000
Hofner 500/2 Club Bass Guitar
- Write a Review
In 1956, Walter Hofner had an idea for an amplified semi-acoustic bass. When it was brought to life, his idea resulted in a bass with a warm, woody, ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A re-creation of the revered original.
In 1956, Walter Hofner had an idea for an amplified semi-acoustic bass. When it was brought to life, his idea resulted in a bass with a warm, woody, double-bass-like amplified tone. Many players revere Hofner basses for their historical significance as well as for their smooth, sweet sound and playing ease that eludes most ordinary basses.
Because the original bass guitar had become so scarce and expensive, popular demand compelled Hofner to re-create the Club Bass 500/2. The new Hofner 500/2 Club Bass shares the feel, tone, and many features of the Hofner Vintage '63 but with a more traditional guitar body profile and a single cutaway.
- Select German spruce top, back and sides from flamed maple
- Maple-beech-maple neck
- 22-fret bound rosewood fretboard
- Mother-of-pearl dots
- Machine heads: Hofner 61/73B (4 individual)
- Hofner 72/20B ebony bridge with movable saddles
- Hofner 62/30 trapeze brass tailpiece
- Hofner 65/CB-P floating celluloid pearl pickguard
- 2 Hofner 511B "Staple" humbuckers
- Hofner A2-B control panel with 2 volume controls, 2 on/off switches, and rhythm/solo switch for volume boost
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Antique-brown sunburst finish
Order this classic today.
- Scale: 30" (76cm)
- Neck width at nut: 1-5/8" (42mm)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.