- 511782 000391000 511782000391000
Hofner H500/2 Club Bass LTD
- Write a Review
In 1956, Walter Hofner had an idea for an amplified semi-acoustic bass. When it was brought to life, his idea resulted in a bass with a warm, woody, ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A classic Hofner hollowbody with legendary tone.
In 1956, Walter Hofner had an idea for an amplified semi-acoustic bass. When it was brought to life, his idea resulted in a bass with a warm, woody, double-bass-like amplified tone. Players love it for its playing ease and its tone--one of the smoothest, sweetest sounds in all of bassland.
Because the original became so scarce and expensive, popular demand compelled Hofner to re-create the Club Bass 500/2. Now this LTD version of the 500/2 offers the same instrument with changes that make it even closer to the original. The pickups have been repositioned to the original spacing for truer vintage tone and a hand-applied dark violin varnish gives it a more vintage vibe. Includes case.
- Select German spruce top, back, and sides from flamed maple
- Maple-beech-maple neck
- 30" scale length
- 22-fret bound rosewood fretboard
- Zero fret
- Mother-of-pearl dots
- Machine heads: Hofner 61/73B (4 individual)
- Hofner 72/20B ebony bridge with movable saddles
- Hofner 62/30 trapeze brass tailpiece
- Hofner 65/CB-P floating celluloid pearl pickguard
- 2 Hofner 511B "Staple" humbuckers with Cavern-era spacing
- Hofner A2-B control panel with 2 volume controls, 2 on/off switches, and rhythm/solo switch for volume boost
- Hand-applied dark violin varnish finish
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Includes case
The Hofner H500/2 replicates the legendary Club Bass of the '60s. Order today and play a classic.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about Hofner H500/2 Club Bass LTD:
I have wanted a real german made hofner bass since I owned my Domino beatle bass copy in 1966 - I was 12 then. I never thought that I would own and be playing a bass of this caliber 43 YRS. later. The club bass LTD is GREAT tone and a smart investment.Played with a pick, nothing comes close. The aged look of the cream binding and real laquer make this bass look so good. Nickel hardware and the finish are tops. My bass came in a aluminum bullet case - very light weight. I like to play the club bass into an Avalon U5, an ampeg SVT-3 Pro, and my Eden 118XL cabinet - This is what its all about. Also pyramid flatwound bass strings are essential for that punch and full round tone. The cavern P/U spacing is what you need - they are in the perfect positions. If you can't swing a club bass, look at the Epiphone Allen Woody short scale w/flatwounds w/nice case-this bass can sound almost as good. I have owned and played both of these basses for a few years now - They are both unique instruments. I know either one will make you practice more!
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
- Rock Concerts
- Small Venues
Comments about Hofner H500/2 Club Bass LTD:
I use this on practice and on gigs, it not only sounds great, it looks fantastic too and is super light, you can play all night without shoulder fatigue .