- Musician's Friend Best Selection, Price & Service. Guaranteed.
Call our Gear Heads
Call our Gear Heads
Brilliantly conceived and meticulously documented work by the brush greats!
The Art of Playing with Brushes is comprehensive, definitive and unprecedented. Living legends Billy Hart, Eddie Locke, Joe Morello, Charlie Persip and Ben Riley along with modern brush masters Adam Nussbaum and Steve Smith demonstrate and discuss their distinctive drumming styles. They then all perform the same set of medium to up-tempo swing, ballads and Latin tunes to compare and contrast their unique approaches and interpretations.
This deluxe addition to every drummer's library offers a thorough and graphic exploration of the art from a variety of historical, technical and musical perspectives and includes:
• Two DVDs-- over seven hours of footage
• 17-Track Play-Along CD minus drums
• Bonus lessons from Adam Nussbaum, Ed Thigpen and Louis Bellson
• 36-page Bonus Booklet and printable PDFs by Mark Griffith that includes "A History Of The Brushes," a Listening/Reference Guide, Bios of all the featured artists and more.
• Classic video clips and a Photo Gallery
• Running time- 7 Hours 16 Minutes
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Hudson Music The Art of Playing With Brushes 2 DVDs with Play-Along CD and Booklet:
The only reason I gave these a rating of 2 is because it was nice to watch the old pros show off their techniques. I really didn't find it very instructional as far as learning how to play with brushes. This package was suppose to have 8 pdf files, however, there were only 3 files and none of it had anything to do with instructions on how to play with the brushes. I was very disappointed with this and I don't recommend it if your purpose for buying it is to learn and not just watch the pros play the different grooves.
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.