More Info About Free 2-Day Standard Ground ShippingClose Window
- #462976 000000180 462976000000180
Bach Small Shank Tenor Trombone Mouthpiece
- Write a Review
A carefully selected Bach mouthpiece can help improve a trombone player's embouchure, attack, tonguing and endurance. Vincent Bach was a rare combin...Read More
A carefully selected Bach mouthpiece can help improve a trombone player's embouchure, attack, tonguing and endurance.
Vincent Bach was a rare combination of artist and engineer. A mechanical genius and acclaimed trumpet soloist, his instruments and mouthpieces are used today in every major studio and orchestra in the world. Bach personally designed the tools and composed the plans that continue to set the high standards for making all Bach parts today.
"Choosing the perfect mouthpiece is often more difficult than choosing the perfect instrument. Your success as a musician depends on the choice of equipment that will do justice to your capabilities."
- Model No. / Depth of Cup / Approx. Cup Dia. / Rim Shape / Description
- 3 / Medium deep / 26.26 mm / Medium wide, well rounded. / Extra-large cup for players with a robust embouchure.
- 4 / Medium / 26.00 mm / Medium wide, well rounded. / Very large cup; principally used by players having healthy, strong embouchures.
- 4C / Medium shallow / 25.75 mm / Medium wide, well rounded. / Large cup with a brilliant tone. Requires a powerful, natural embouchure.
- 5 / Medium / 25.50 mm / Medium wide, semi-flat. / For players with good, natural embouchures. Rather large cup. Produces a full, mellow, sonorous tone.
- 5G / Deep / 25.50 mm / Slightly wider, gradually lowered to outside. / Same as No.350-5 except for .276" throat and #429 backbore
- (same as No.341-5G but with small shank).
- 5GB / Deep / 25.50 mm / Medium thin, very well rounded. / Same as No.350-5 except for thin rim (same as No.341-5G but with small shank).
- 5GS / Medium / 25.50 mm / Medium wide, semi-flat. / Same as No. 5 but with larger "G" throat and #420 backbore.
- 6 / Medium / 25.50 mm / Medium wide, well rounded. / Fairly large cup. For players with a strong embouchure. Full, solid, mellow tone..
- 6-1/2A / Medium deep / 25.40 mm / Medium wide, well rounded. / Slightly larger than medium with standard-size throat and backbore. Rich, compact tone of large volume.
- 6-1/2AL / Medium deep / 25.40 mm / Medium wide, well rounded. / The same rim and cup as No. 6-1/2A, but with a larger "G" throat and #420 backbore for trombonists who strive for a Teutonic tone quality. Recommended for euphonium players who desire a round, mellow tone of great carrying power and substantial volume.
- 6-1/2AM / Medium deep / 25.40 mm / Medium wide, well rounded. / Symphonic model tenor trombone mouthpiece features the same cup and rim as No.612A, but with symphonic "F" throat and #413 backbore.
- 6-34C / Medium shallow / 25.00 mm / Medium wide, well rounded. / Produces a full, clear, rather brilliant timbre. For trombonists with good, well-trained embouchures.
- 7 / Medium / 24.75 mm / Medium wide, not too sharp. / The ideal mouthpiece for the artist desiring a beautiful, ringing tone with sufficient volume for melody playing.
- 7C / Medium shallow / 24.75 mm / Medium wide, not too sharp. / Large cup; bright, lively C trumpet tone. For players with a normal embouchure.
- 8 / Medium / 24.75 mm / Slightly wide and flat. / Corresponds in cup design with No. 7, but with a wider rim. Players with heavier lips prefer this model.
- 8-1/2BW / Medium shallow / 24.75 mm / Very wide, well rounded. / For players with heavy lips who need support to prevent the rim from digging. Well liked by musicians who do strenuous work. Produces lively, brilliant tone with easy high register.
- 9 / Medium deep / 24.72 mm / Medium wide. / Possesses a beautiful, rich, rather mellow timbre.
- 11 / Medium deep / 24.70 mm / Medium wide. / Same style as No. 9 but slightly smaller. Produces a magnificent round tone of great carrying power. An excellent model for euphonium and baritone players.
- 11C / Medium shallow / 24.70 mm / Medium wide. / Same size as No. 11 but with a medium shallow cup for a brilliant ringing tone of large volume.
- 12 / Medium / 24.50 mm / Medium wide. / An excellent all-around mouthpiece. Combines a fine, solid, dark tone, excellent flexibility, great volume and easy response.
- 12C / Medium / 24.50 mm / Medium wide. / Same size and rim as No.12 but with a more brilliant, crisp tone. The best selling model for all-around playing.
- 12E / Very shallow / 24.50 mm / Medium wide. / This model, designed principally for E-flat alto trombone, can be used on B-flat trombone or bass trumpet when a brilliant, brassy tone is desirable. Also recommended for use in the extreme high register.
- 14D / Shallow / 24.50 mm / Medium wide. / Well suited for playing in the high register. Very effective for coloratura work.
- 14-1/2D / Shallow / 24.50 mm / Medium wide. / Small, shallow cup and wider rim aid the high register while producing a clear, lively tone.
- 15 / Medium deep / 24.40 mm / Medium wide. / A full-toned mouthpiece of mellow timbre.
- 15C / Medium shallow / 24.40 mm / Medium wide. / Medium shallow cup produces a clear, lively tone. Players with thin lips or weak embouchures will find it helpful.
- 15CW / Medium shallow / 24.40 mm / Very wide, well rounded. / Designed for great brilliancy and resistance to facilitate the very high tones. The wide cushion rim distributes pressurean advantage to players with soft, fleshy lips.
- 15D / Shallow / 24.40 mm / Medium wide. / Has a rim similar to No. 15C but the shallower cup produces a clear, crisp tone, effective in the extreme high register.
- 15E / Very shallow / 24.40 mm / Medium wide. / Designed for E-flat alto trombone but used also by players who continually play in the extreme high register. Also used for bass trumpet where a martial tone quality is desired.
- 15EW / Very shallow / 24.30 mm / Extra wide cushion, well rounded. / The choice of artists who play in the extreme high register for long hours. Produces a brilliant, piercing tone.
- 17 / Medium / 24.20 mm / Medium wide. / A rather small mouthpiece for all-around work by players with a small mouth or weak lips. Produces a mellow tone.
- 17C / Medium shallow / 24.20 mm / Medium wide. / Produces a clear, brilliant tone; requires little effort to play. Good for players with a small mouth and weak lips.
- 17D / Shallow / 24.20 mm / Medium wide. / For trombone players who play continually in the high register and need a brilliant tone with much resistance.
- 18 / Medium / 24.20 mm / Fairly wide, flat. / Same cup as No. 17 but with a wider, flatter rim.
- 18C / Medium shallow / 24.20 mm / Fairly wide, flat. / The same cup diameter as No. 18 but slightly shallower, producing a brighter, crisper tone.
- 18D / Shallow / 24.20 mm / Fairly wide, well rounded. / Playing results are similar to No. 17D but with a wider, more rounded rim.
- 19 / Medium deep, V-Shaped cup / 24.00 mm / Medium wide, fairly flat. / Primarily designed for a rather mellow, velvety tone.
- 22 / Medium / 23.92 mm / Medium wide. / This small mouthpiece is used by players of the English or Italian school, and for tenor horn and very small bore trombones.
- 22C / Medium shallow / 23.92 mm / Medium wide. / The small and shallow cup is well suited for bass trumpet but is also used on the small bore valve trombones popular in some Latin countries.
Get the right mouthpiece and play better! Order today.
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.