- H79623 000000000 H79623000000000
Miraphone 188-5U Series 5-Valve CC Tuba with Hard Case
- Write a Review
This package includes the 188-5U Series 5-Valve CC Tuba and a hardshell case.The Miraphone 188-5U Series 5-Valve 4/4 CC Tuba was designed as a superi...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A superior 4/4 size CC tuba with a hard case.
This package includes the 188-5U Series 5-Valve CC Tuba and a hardshell case.
The Miraphone 188-5U Series 5-Valve 4/4 CC Tuba was designed as a superior 4/4 size CC tuba for use as a solo horn, small ensemble and quintet horn, or in a full orchestra environment. The 188 CC Tuba features a nickel-silver leadpipe and a .772 inch bore with a slight conical design for a rich, dark orchestral sound plus a 17.7 inch upright bell to project through any ensemble. This tuba has been one of the favorite of bands, orchestras and individuals for over 50 years.
This is like the Pro 186 except the taper on the conical section grows faster and is larger and it gives it a bigger fuller and darker sound, more like a Kaiser tuba. Now with improved linkage and intonation, it is one of the best still. Heavier brass and valves make it one of the best tubas on the market for the money invested. Miraphone, quality throughout the line of instruments. The Miraphone 188-5U Series 5-Valve 4/4 CC Tuba includes a mouthpiece and is availabel in lacquer (188-5U) finish.
Miraphone took the best - and made it better. With the introduction of the 188 series Miraphone expanded on their already successful formula and improved the bell tapers and the valve action to get a little more sound out of the horn. They succeeded. This horn has a terrific sound and a beautiful color as well. At home in the orchestra, band or as a solo instrument, you will love the sound and feel of this horn.
- Key: CC
- Size: 4/4 Wide
- Bore: .772-inch
- Bell: 17.7-inch
- Bell Material: Yellow Brass with Nickel Silver Wreath
- Bell Position: Upright
- Number of Valves: 5
- Valve Position: Front
- Valve Type: Rotary
- Valve Material: Brass
- Features: Nickel Silver Bell Wreath; Nickel Silver Leadpipe
- Case: No
- Mouthpiece: TU23
- Finish: Lacquer
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.