- H86029 000002000 H86029000002000
Istanbul Mehmet Origin Series Dark Ride
- Write a Review
The Origin Dark Ride by Istanbul Mehmet is a medium thin, hammered cymbal crafted in the traditional Turkish style. With a brooding low pitch and a w...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A traditional Turkish ride cymbal that produces dark overtones and features a compact umbrella-style profile.
The Origin Dark Ride by Istanbul Mehmet is a medium thin, hammered cymbal crafted in the traditional Turkish style. With a brooding low pitch and a widespread sound, this supple cymbal offers a murky stick definition and limited sustain. Also features an opaque, matte finish and a compact bell.
A cymbal with prized vintage sound and new world renown. Order today!
- 21" or 22"
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Dark, trashy but cutting chrash sound
- Great stick definition
- Thin, but durable
- Washy, but controlled
- Electronic music
Comments about Istanbul Mehmet Origin Series Dark Ride:
I bought a 22" version of the Origin Dark ride after seeing Martin Horntvedt from Jaga Jazzist the same type of cymbals. Mine weighs just beneath 2300 grams, which is considered light. These cymbals have a lot of hammermarks on them, which adds to a complex and dark overall sound. The look is earthy.
Originally being a rock player, I had some doubts about this cymbal, but once I got one for myself I never regretted it. It just gives and gives. You can bash it, play jazz patterns, use brushes on it, literally anything. It allways adjusts to the player and has so many layers to its sound. Though the volume will reach a peak, I would still recommend this to any player who wants a dark crashable ride that can suit in most musical applications. The exception might be in loud metal, but it could still serve as a large trashy crash there too.
A superb choice.
- Was this a gift?: