- #J53647 000002000 J53647000002000
Paiste Colorsound 900 Splash Cymbal Red
- Write a Review
The Paiste Colorsound 900 Splash has a bright, short yet full tonal quality for a splash cymbals. Like most splashes, it’s thin, which creates a live...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A flexible and versatile series that adds unique visuals to your setup.
The Paiste Colorsound 900 Splash has a bright, short yet full tonal quality for a splash cymbals. Like most splashes, it’s thin, which creates a lively, explosive and very responsive sound. Overall, it’s perfect for short accents in any style of music you’re playing.
Paiste first pioneered color coated cymbals with COLORSOUND 5 in 1984 as a means for artistic expression during the time period when popular music became visual in music videos on television. In the 1990s VISIONS made an appearance, and in recent years certain Artist Inspiration models feature color coating - Stewart Copeland's Blue Bell Ride, Aquiles Priester's Giga Bell Ride and Danny Carey's Dry Heavy Ride. Throughout, the Color Sound finish was available for custom orders, including cymbals featured by international top artists Joey Jordison, Tico Torres and Paul Bostaph. With Color Sound 900 Paiste launches the latest incarnation in the color cymbal saga.
Color Sound 900 cymbals are based on the range of models in the concurrently launched 900 Series. While they feature essentially corresponding sound and function, the color coating causes a slightly drier sound, shortens the sustain a bit, and results in a more focused attack. Significantly, the same flexibility and giving feel as in the 900 Series is present.
Extensive research and design efforts have resulted in the most stunningly beautiful finishes: luminous translucent colors preserve the natural appearance of grooves and hammer marks and present a vibrantly radiant appearance. Notably, decades of experience have proven the Color Sound finish to be exceedingly tough and durable - the finish will not ever crack, chip or peel.
- Hybrid hammering technique for dark, musical tonal quality
- Medium low to medium loud volume
- Bright, short, full tone with responsive, explosive feel and quick decay
- Finish will never crack, chip or peel
Call or click to order today!
- Quantity: 1
- Type: Splash
- Sizes (in): Multiple
- Material: Cast alloy
- Hammering: Hand/Machine
- Lathing: Full
- Cymbal Weight: Thin
- Bell: Standard
- Finish: Red
- Country of Origin: Switzerland
- Added Value: No
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Minimal Hammering - Cheaply Made
- Unwanted Over-tone after intial crash
- May be good for a Childs Starter Kit
Comments about Paiste Colorsound 900 Splash Cymbal Red:
These cymbals are not worth even the low price they put on them. They all have a honking over-tone after the initial hit. If you play loud metal music, you May not hear it. But it is there. I tried several of the red color sound version. But I also went on their website to listen to the sound files of the uncolored cymbals and you could hear in them, as well. No Thanks! I even called Paiste and they denied what I was telling them. But they did say I should purchase the uncolored cymbals. No way. These cymbals are a joke! I did check them out on YouTube before purchasing, but I'll bet they made their demo cymbals of higher quality or at least they find a way for the recording to not pick up on the over tone. Regardless, I am no longer a Paiste user.