- #J45073 000002000 J45073000002000
Yamaha Recording Custom Brass Snare Drum
14 x 5.5 in.
- Write a Review
The Recording Custom series now offers some of Yamaha’s finest snare drums, using Steve Gadd's valuable input to its maximum. It adds a superb consis...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An workhorse brass snare with sensitivity, thick attack and musical resonance.
The Recording Custom series now offers some of Yamaha’s finest snare drums, using Steve Gadd's valuable input to its maximum. It adds a superb consistency, allowing drummers to fully utilize the sound functionality of the kit.
This snare drum includes the snare wire that Steve prefers to use. This is a 10- or 14-strand snare wire with the middle four strands removed. This special snare wire enhances the cutoff of the sound, enabling the artist to produce a crisper staccato tone.
After repeated evaluations by Steve Gadd with Yamaha design, the result was a groundbreaking snare drum. To date, Yamaha’s snare drums have traditionally had the metal center bead on the interior of the drum. However, Yamaha has taken the step of fixing the center bead to the outside of the drum to produces a more open sound than our conventional drums, for crisp, articulate performance.
The heavy-duty Q-type strainer is robust whilst offering solid, stable and smooth operation, along with adjustment and snare replacement.
- Snare Size:Multiple Sizes
- Total Pieces:1
- Case or Bag:Not Applicable
- Stand:Not Applicable
- Shell Material:Brass
- Shell Construction:Rolled
- Shell Thickness (mm):1.2
- Bearing Edge:45°
- Reinforcement Ring:No
- Hardware Material:Steel
- Hoop Type:Triple-flange
- Internal muffler:No
- Snares:Steel Carbon
- Finish Type:Polished
- Country of Origin:Taiwan
Featuring specs and features preferred by session legend, Steve Gadd. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.