- J19371 000001000 J19371000001000
Kentucky KM-270 Artist A-Model Mandolin
- Write a Review
Before 1922, most popular mandolins had Oval-shaped sound holes; offering a distinctive sound that played a significant role in shaping the sound of ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A-style with oval soundhole.
Before 1922, most popular mandolins had Oval-shaped sound holes; offering a distinctive sound that played a significant role in shaping the sound of popular music of the day. The diminutive size, unique voice, and relative affordability made it perfect for a wide range of musical styles. To this day, vintage examples of these popular A-style instruments are still played by discerning musicians and coveted by collectors around the world.
Now, anyone can afford to own this legendary mandolin design in a Kentucky KM-270 A-style mandolin with the oval sound hole! Incorporating the best features of vintage designs, and using only the best tone woods, each instrument is expertly hand-carved and graduated to produce an instrument with a tone, look and build quality of highly prized collectible instruments. So take a step back in time by playing a new instrument that combines all the best features of old and the new -priced so that is affordable to all players.
- Solid, handcarved and graduated spruce top
- Solid, handcarved and graduated maple back and sides
- Authentic, vintage 1920s-style body design
- Traditional oval soundhole
- One-piece maple neck with dovetail neck/body joint at the 14th fret
- Rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl dot position markers
- Fingerboard bound in white ABS
- Vintage-correct raised pickguard of laminated black/white/black ABS with beveled edge and vintage-style attachment hardware
- Snakehead rosewood peghead with rosewood overlay depicting a vintage Wreath design and Kentucky logo script in white pearl
- Vintage-style, adjustable rosewood bridge with small adjustment wheels
- Traditional 2-screw black truss rod cover
- Bone nut
- 13 7/8-inch scale length
- 22 highly-polished nickel silver frets
- Nickel-plated tailpiece and coverplate with Kentucky script and leather insert
- High-quality tuning machines with accurate 18:1 gear ratio and plastic buttons
- High-gloss nitrocellulose vintage sunburst finish
- Case sold separately
Order today for the wide-open, ringing, singing sound of an oval soundhole A-style mandolin.
KM-270 Artist A-Model Mandolin
- Back and Side Material: Solid Maple
Body Style: A-Model
Bridge Material: Rosewood with Adjustment Wheels
Fingerboard Binding: White ABS
Fingerboard Inlay: M-O-P Dots
Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
Finish: High-gloss Traditional Sunburst Nitrocellulose
Neck / Body Joint: Dovetail
Neck Material: One-piece Maple
Number of Frets Clear: 14
Number of Frets Total: 22
Nut Material: Bone
Nut Width: 1 1/8"
Peghead Inlay: Vintage Wreath white pearl and pearl Kentucky script
Peghead Overlay: Snakehead Rosewood
Pickguard: Black/White/Black ABS with beveled edge
Plating: Nickel-plated / Pattern and Logo Stamped
Length: 13 7/8" (352.40mm)
Sound Hole Shape: Traditional Oval
Tailpiece: Nickel-plated with coverplate and leather insert
Top: Solid Spruce
Top Purfling: None
Truss Rod: Traditional 2-screw black ABS
Tuning Machines: High-quality tuning machines with white buttons
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.