- J09269 000001000 J09269000001000
Alvarez DYMR70 Yairi Masterworks Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The Alvarez DYMR70 Yairi Masterworks Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is crafted by a master luthier to meet the needs of the most demanding guitarist. Th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Perfection is a journey, not a destination.
The Alvarez DYMR70 Yairi Masterworks Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar is crafted by a master luthier to meet the needs of the most demanding guitarist. The finest woods were selected and no corners cut to make this outstanding steel string guitar. You could spend more, but you won't find a better example of guitar builder's personal pursuit of perfection. This Yairi is truly somthing special. Includes a nice hardshell case.
The wonderful thing about making acoustic guitars is that they are incredibly sensitive and complex instruments. Decades, careers, lifetimes have been spent trying to perfect or find the sound in the luthier's head, but often it eludes us. Only time, experimentation and experience can help guitar companies get the results guitarists are after.
Alvarez-Yairi guitars have held a special place in players' hearts for nearly fifty years. Some of the greatest songwriters and guitarists ever to grace the planet have played them. So when it comes to updating the Alvarez-Yairi Series, Alvarez did it with great care and the reverence it deserves.
Two years of development have resulted in producing the finest guitars Alvarez have ever made. Eloquently voiced instruments, beautifully balanced with a charisma and tonal personality you will fall in love with.
The all-new Alvarez-Yairi Series is simply superb.
- Series: Alvarez-Yairi Masterworks
- Top Wood: Solid AA Stika Spruce
- Back and Sides: Wood Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Shape: Dreadnought
- Neck: One piece mahogany, 50/50 Semi gloss finish, Extended neck joint
- Bracing System: Handcarved FST2 - Forward-Shifted, Scalloped X
- Bridge: Ebony Direct Coupled
- Inlays: Abalone and Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with 12th Abalone Fret Inlay
- Headstock Plate: Rosewood
- Nut & Saddle: Real Bone
- Tuner: Gotoh 510s Gold with Ebony Buttons
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Strings: D'Addario EXP
- Accessory: Deluxe wood case
Get stunning looks and tone. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Rich Sound
- Stays In Tune
- Small Venues
Comments about Alvarez DYMR70 Yairi Masterworks Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar:
I haven't owned this guitar long (a few days), so I can't speak to it's longevity, but how beautiful it is.
The case is very nice, tan canvas and brown leather with aged looking brass hinges and latches. The smell when I opened the case is that of a fresh finish invoking the image of Japanese luthiers hand crafting this masterpiece in view of the Pacific shore. The guitar itself is beautiful, understated in its adornments while shining with handmade quality. The thin finish allows the AA spruce top to respond to the slightest touch, and allows the pits in the indian rosewood sides and back to create a shimmering effect under the right lighting.
The tuners are excellent, perfectly geared and solid feeling. The string spacing is wide, which I like very much. The neck and fretboard feel perfect under my fingers. The edges of the frets and fretboard are rounded off (radiused?) preventing annoying pop-offs.
The tone is rich, deep and full, with the mids ringing out so clear, the sound so balanced, the intonation perfect. Despite the somewhat high string spacing out of the box, the setup feels perfect on this guitar. Though this is a dreadnought, with the light and responsive top and bracing, this feels and sounds perfect for fingerstyle playing. And though it might limit the range of players who like to explore the full length of the neck, the fact that this is a 12 fret guitar contributes to the deep and resonant quality of this dreadnought. This is without question the perfect guitar for me, and I am grateful to Kazuo Yairi's team for creating it for me.