- J05498 000001000 J05498000001000
Fender Jim Root Jazzmaster Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Stark, dark and menacing, the Jim Root Jazzmaster has got to be the most distinctively minimalist version of the instrument ever devised in the model...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A no-frills model with a sleek demeaner and powerful EMG pickups.
Stark, dark and menacing, the Jim Root Jazzmaster has got to be the most distinctively minimalist version of the instrument ever devised in the model's entire half-century history. At the behest of the towering Slipknot/Stone Sour guitarist, gone are the dual tone circuits and barrage of controls. Gone are the fret position markers and enormous chrome bridge. Gone, in fact, is pretty much everything typical of a Jazzmaster guitar, replaced only by fearsome EMG 60 (neck) and 81 (bridge) humbucking pickups with brushed nickel covers, a single three-way switch, a single volume knob and a hard-tail Stratocaster bridge.
The Jim Root Jazzmaster also features a mahogany body with a comfortable contoured neck heel, satin-finish maple neck with "modern C" profile and large headstock, compoundradius ebony fingerboard (12"-16") with 22 jumbo frets and no position markers, staggered deluxe locking tuners, black hardware and pickup bezels, and an austere Flat Black satin nitro lacquer finish.
Includes black tweed case with red plush interior, strap and strap locks, cable and polishing cloth.
- Mahogany Jazzmaster body
- Maple neck with C shape
- Ebony fretboard with compound radius
- 22 jumbo frets
- Active EMG 60/81 humbucking pickups
- 6-Saddle American Standard strings-thru-body bridge
- Large '70s-style headstock with Jim Root's signature on the back
- Black bezels
- Contoured neck heel
- No position inlays on fingerboard face - side dots only
- No pickguard
- Straplock-Ready strap buttons
- Single "T" roller string tree
- Side-mounted output jack
- Rear-routed control cavity
- Black tweed case with red plush interior
- Included Accessories:
- Polishing Cloth
- Owner's Manual
Strap on something original at your next gig. Order today.
Jim Root Jazzmaster Electric Guitar
- Series: Artist
Body Material: Mahogany
Body Finish: Satin Urethane
Neck: Maple, "C" Shape
Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
String Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.685" (42.8mm)
Fingerboard: Ebony, 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8mm to 406.4mm)
Frets: 22, Jumbo
Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
Bridge: 6-Saddle American Standard Strings-Thru-Body Strat with
Tuning Machines: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking
Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
Pickup Configuration: H/H
Pickups: EMG 81 Humbucking with Brushed Chrome Cover (Bridge)
EMG 60 Humbucking with Brushed Chrome Cover (Neck)
Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge
and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
Controls: Master Volume
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
- Rock Concerts
Comments about Fender Jim Root Jazzmaster Electric Guitar:
Bought this guitar roughly a month ago and I just love it. You can lower the action almost all the way on the frets with heavy gauge strings and no fret buzz. It's perfect for metal and if you turn the volume down and switch to the neck pick-up you get a great blues type tone out of it. This is my first artist signature guitar and I have no regrets with it. If your a fan of metal this is definitely the right choice. Jim Root did an awesome job with this guitar and just like he said in the video he wanted something where he could walk into any guitar store and buy his signature model if need be.