- J32894 000001000 J32894000001000
Gretsch Guitars G6136-55 Vintage Select Edition '55 Falcon Hollowbody with Cadillac Tailpiece
- Write a Review
Experience the Falcon as it was envisioned by the great Jimmie Webster in 1955. The G6136-55 Vintage Select Edition '55 Falcon Hollowbody with Cadill...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The quintessential Gretsch guitar.
Experience the Falcon as it was envisioned by the great Jimmie Webster in 1955. The G6136-55 Vintage Select Edition '55 Falcon Hollowbody with Cadillac Tailpiece is a true “Dream Guitar” that will be the hallmark of any guitar collection. Fluid playability, robustly flexible tone and, of course, stunning Falcon style combine for a big, bold instrument that pops in the spotlight.
A pair of TV Jones T-Armond single-coil pickups and the new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors power this sonic raptor for crystal-clear transparent tone that lets the soul of the guitar’s definitive hollowbody tone shine through. The Synchro-Sonic bridge not only lends original-era authenticity, it offers pinpoint intonation accuracy, locking into place with a thumbscrew for tool-free adjustment. Parallel tone bars reinforce the solid spruce top mated to laminated maple back and sides for powerful, balanced sound and increased projection from the 2.75”-deep body. The 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and elegant mother-of-pearl hump block and feather inlays tops a maple neck with a comfortably familiar standard “U”-shaped profile for supple playability, making complex chords and intricate single-note playing effortless.
The White Falcon drips with sophisticated class, sporting shining gold hardware—including the iconic Cadillac “G” tailpiece and gold jeweled arrow knobs—gold sparkle bound neck, body and F Holes, gleaming vintage white gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish and gold, vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo. Includes a deluxe hardshell case.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Hollow body
- Body material: Combination laminated/solid
- Top wood: Spruce Solid
- Body wood: Maple Laminated
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: U
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Hump-block
- Nut width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: TV Jones T-Armond
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: TV Jones T-Armond
- Brand: TV Jones
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master volume
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Synchro-sonic
- Tailpiece: "G" Cadillac
- Tuning machines: Grover Imperial
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Japan
Get the Gretsch you deserve. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.