- J32900 000001000 J32900000001000
Gretsch Guitars G6196T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Country Club Hollowbody with Bigsby
- Write a Review
Honoring one of the first “custom color” guitars created by Gretsch, the G6196T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Country Club Hollowbody with Bigsby is ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The perfect companion onstage or in the studio.
Honoring one of the first “custom color” guitars created by Gretsch, the G6196T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Country Club Hollowbody with Bigsby is a rich-sounding instrument that’s waiting to be turned loose on your music. Its huge, sonorous voice and elegant looks are an ideal match for any player who wants to stand out from the crowd. Simply put, this guitar is the perfect companion onstage or in the studio, cranking out everything from sensitive ballads to raucous rock.
A pair of highly dynamic TV Jones Classic pickups reacts to your pick hand with vibrant tone. Traditional Gretsch controls, including individual pickup volume controls, master volume and a three-way tone switch, allow you to blend the pickups, personalizing your sound with countless tonal variations. Add the new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors and you get incredibly silky vintage high end.
The standard “U”-shaped maple neck bears a 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets for a memorable playing experience that works with any style. 1959-style trestle bracing connects the top and back of this guitar for distinctive warm, balanced tone while minimizing feedback. A pinned Space Control bridge allows for adjustable string spacing to fit any playing style and reacts in concert with the Bigsby B6GVT vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning and accurate intonation while the genuine bone nut lets the strings slide freely without binding in the slots.
Designed for pure tone and top-notch playing feel, this guitar features the classic appointments longtime Gretsch fans desire—gold “G Arrow” control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, “Cadillac Green” metallic lacquer finish, mother-of-pearl thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and gold Grover Imperial tuning machines. A resurrected blast from the past with elegantly refined style and sound, the G6196T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Country Club Hollowbody with Bigsby is sure to satisfy any fan of The Great Gretsch Sound.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Hollow body
- Body material: Laminated
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Maple
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: U
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.6"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Thumbnail
- Nut width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: High Sensitive Filter'Tron
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: High Sensitive Filter'Tron
- Brand: Gretsch
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors, 3-position master tone switch
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master volume
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Rocking bar
- Tailpiece: Bigsby B6GVT
- Tuning machines: Grover Imperial
- Color: Gold
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Japan
Get the Gretsch you deserve. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- An absolute piece of art
- Has a large sound due to its big size
- Made in Japan
- A bit big and a bit heavy for a smaller person
- Made in Japan
- Swedish death metal (just kidding!)
Comments about Gretsch Guitars G6196T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Country Club Hollowbody with Bigsby:
The attention to detail is amazing. But that shouldn't come as a surprise as the Japanese are famous for being meticulous. I looked this guitar over every square inch with my face only inches above the piece and couldn't find a single blemish. I've been playing it unplugged for about a week now (I'm waiting for my Roland Cube to arrive) and it sounds lovely. It's actually nice to play unplugged because it isn't as loud as my Guild acoustic, but is louder than my unplugged Gibson SG.
- Was this a gift?: