- Product J52276
Schecter Guitar Research Omen Extreme-6 Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Schecter Omen Extreme 6 Electric Guitar is loaded with the features that modern guitarists seek. Like the beautifully figured carved quilted mapl...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Impressive style and sound on a budget.
The Schecter Omen Extreme 6 Electric Guitar is loaded with the features that modern guitarists seek. Like the beautifully figured carved quilted maple top on a mahogany body with a string-thru bridge design that adds extra sustain.
Acomfortable double-cutaway body gives you full access to the fast maple neck fitted with a 24-fret rosewood fingerboard. Dual Schecter Diamond Plus high-output alnico humbuckers provide an array of tones for every musical mood you need to express.
The Schecter Omen Extreme 6 guitar's no-nonsense controls include a Master Volume and Tone control with push/pull coil-splitting, and a 3-way toggle switch. Case sold separately.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Quilted Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Thin C
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 14 in.
- Fret size: Extra-jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Abalone & Pearloid Vector
- Nut width: 1.656 in. (42 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Diamond Plus
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Diamond Plus
- Brand: Schecter
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Push/pull tone control
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil split
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: String thru body
- Tuning machines: PRS Phase III locking
- Color: Black chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: Indonesia
Strap on a great value. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Feel
- Fret Buzz
- Poor Pick Up
- Poor Quality Craftsmanship
- School Bands
Comments about Schecter Guitar Research Omen Extreme-6 Electric Guitar:
I always wanted a blue guitar, I got stuck in a red rut, so being on sale for a reasonable price I pulled the trigger. Upon opening the box I was really pleased. The guitar is beautiful and the feel is great. Love the neck profile and the satin finish is really nice for playability. And then I plugged it in, and that's where the list of positives ends. The first strum was significantly disappointing. The sound was muted and tinny. I played wth the switch and knobs and quickly realized only one pickup was working. The bridge Pick-up was apparently just for show. Then next came the crazy amount of fret buzz -from the 12th fret all the way down to the first fret on strings E-D. So, I proceeded to look the guitar over a bit more closely. Then I noticed that the bridge was off-set to the left. Causing the strings to be angled slightly to the neck. It's off so badly that the magnets for the pickups land between the strings instead of being centered directly beneath the strings. I had heard really good things about Schecter and they're guitars are all well reviewed, even the less expensive ones. I know this is a lower end Schecter, however, I have cheap Epiphone LP custom that crushes this guitar from a quality/sound/performance stand point. This experience was severely disappointing. Musicians Friend has been great about this situation. I am gonna try an exchange and hope this particular Omen was a lemon. But, right now, I don't think very much of Schecter's products or their quality control.