- J38186 000001000 J38186000001000
Yamaha FG850 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The FG850 Dreadnought is all-mahogany with mahogany body binding which gives it a warm, woody design to match the distinctive richness in the middle ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Steeped in 50 years of tradition with upgraded bracing for enhancing the all-mahogany warmth.
The FG850 Dreadnought is all-mahogany with mahogany body binding which gives it a warm, woody design to match the distinctive richness in the middle frequencies. Like all of Yamaha's newer FG models, it is louder and stronger in the low- to mid-ranges, thanks to cutting-edge acoustic analysis technology developed by the Yamaha R&D Division. Yamaha’s engineers have achieved this sound by utilizing analysis and simulation to arrive at the best bracing design without depending on tradition or guesswork. This analysis led to the development of a new scalloped bracing pattern that maintains the durability of the top board while bringing out the most sound the Yamaha FG850 has to offer.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Mahogany
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Nato
- Scale length: 25.6 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Matte
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Die-cast chrome
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Urea
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: None
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Hex Wrench
- Country of origin: China
Order this special Yamaha today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Looks Nice
- No case included as listed
- Terrible setup
Comments about Yamaha FG850 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar:
First thing I noticed is that there is no case with the guitar. The description says there is a hardshell case from Yamaha, but it doesn't come with one. As of the date of this review (8/29/16), this still has not been corrected. In fairness, Musicians Friend did send me a cheap generic case when I complained, but only after quite a while on the phone. Secondly, the action is freakishly high. This was corrected with a good setup (cost me an additional 60). It is a very nice looking guitar. I'm not sure if I would recommed this or not. Disappointed in both Yamaha and Musician's Friend.