- H71551 000000000 H71551000000000
Audio-Technica AT2021 Small-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
Ideal for home studio and live applications, the low-profile AT2021 offers an extended frequency response, high maximum SPL, and wide dynamic range. ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Studio quality at a garage band price!
Ideal for home studio and live applications, the low-profile AT2021 offers an extended frequency response, high maximum SPL, and wide dynamic range. The microphone is outstanding for acoustic guitar, overheads, piano, and group vocals. Its low-mass element offers a superb transient response. The AT2021 requires phantom power.
- Ideal for acoustic guitar, overheads, piano and group vocals
- Condenser design for studio-quality vocal and instrument applications
- Excels in high-SPL applications
- Extended response for smooth, natural sonic characteristics
- Low-mass element for superb transient response
- Corrosion-resistant contacts from gold-plated XLRM-type connector
- Rugged design and construction for reliable performance
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
AT2021 Small-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- Element: fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
Polar pattern: cardioid
Frequency response: 30-20,000 Hz
Open circuit sensitivity: -39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
Impedance: 250 ohms
Maximum input sound level: 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
NOISE: 19 dB SPL
Dynamic range (typical): 126 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
Signal-to-noise ratio: 75 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
Phantom power requirements: 48V DC, 2 mA typical
Weight: 83 g (2.9 oz)
- 101.5 mm (4.00") long
- 21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
Output connector: integral 3-pin XLRM-type
Accessories furnished: stand clamp; soft protective pouch
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Sound
- Easy To Use
- Very bright
- Home Studio
Comments about Audio-Technica AT2021 Small-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone:
I bought this mic originally to blend some acoustic sounds from my archtop with the sound from my amp. I place it overhead when I record, and it does a great job for that. Easy and effective.
I recently recorded my classical (nylon string) guitar with this mic. I found I could get good clarity and plenty of bass about 2 feet from the guitar's body. Any closer and it's mud, any farther and the bass attenuates too much. The high end gets bright starting at about 4K (emphasizing string noise) and it falls off rapidly at about 15K (so not very "airy"). If you're willing to spend some time EQ-ing the high end, you can produce a quality solo guitar track.