- Product 581312
BLUE Bottle Rocket Stage Two w/ B0 Capsule Bundle
- Write a Review
The Blue Bottle Rocket Stage Two is an innovative and unique vacuum-tube microphone system for virtually any recording need. The Blue Stage Two combi...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Multipurpose B8 capsule for instrument and vocal recording, plus B0 for "the ultimate big vocal sound with high-frequency "air."
The Blue Bottle Rocket Stage Two is an innovative and unique vacuum-tube microphone system for virtually any recording need. The Blue Stage Two combines low noise and superb transient response with a choice of 9 different interchangeable capsules”the Bottle Caps. In an instant, change these bayonet-mount mic capsules for a stunning variety of tonal characteristics and pickup patterns without shutting off the power. Get all of the capsules, and it's like having an entire Blue microphone locker in a single system.
Precision-shaped and hand-assembled, the Bottle Rocket Stage Two is crafted for a lifetime of use. Its transformerless Class A discrete amplifier circuit is a thoroughly modern design with a nod to the classic circuits of yesteryear. With the Blue Stage Two mic's single hand-selected ECC88 vacuum tube, you'll hear musical detail and subtlety previously heard only in microphones costing thousands more. The Bottle Rocket Stage Two includes a custom-built flight case, a high-definition tube mic cable, and a shockmount. You also get the innovative Powerstream power supply, which not only ensures ultra-stable performance but also features a soft-start feature that maximizes tube life and minimizes startup time.
Capsules designed for any mission
Both the Stage One and Stage Two Bottle Rockets can take advantage of the Bottle Caps, Blue's family of 9 interchangeable capsules with different tonal characteristics and pickup patterns. Each Bottle Cap is designed to provide the recordist with the ultimate sonic solution for their respective application. Get them all and you'll have an entire Blue mic cabinet at your fingertips. This Stage Two bundle comes with the B8 All-Purpose "TPO”The Popular Opinion" Bottle Cap and the B0 Bottle Cap.
B0: Cardioid Large Diaphragm: "The ultimate big vocal sound"
The Blue B0 is a bright, single-backplate capsule similar in tone to the B6 with an added sparkle of air in the extreme high end. To obtain the ultimate Big Vocal Sound, work the B0 close with a pop filter.
¢ Superior bright, silky, and intimate presence
¢ Suggested Applications: Background and lead vocals, guitar, mandolin, percussion; any source where extended top end is featured.
The Bottle Caps
¢ B0 Capsule (270709) - Airy top end, silky vocal sound
¢ B1 (270710): Capsule - Ultimate acoustic instrument mic
¢ B2 (270711) Capsule - Vintage, rich ribbon sound with muted top end and detailed midrange
¢ B3 (270712) Capsule - Accurate, neutral sound
¢ B4 (270713) Capsule - Live and orchestral applications
¢ B5 Capsule (270714) - Dramatic top and bottom
¢ B6 Capsule (270715) - The renowned Blue sonic signature”smooth, liquid presence
¢ B7 Capsule (270716) - Today's vintage sound
¢ B8 Capsule - All-purpose "TPO" (The Popular Opinion) sound”the default Bottle Cap
- Includes both the B8 and B0 Bottle Caps
- Stage Two is usable with 9 interchangeable "Bottle Cap" capsules”get them all & it's like a full Blue mic locker
- Precision-shaped and hand-assembled to Blue's standard of quality
- Acoustical operating principal: Pressure gradient or pure pressure (depending on capsule)
- Directional pattern: Cardioid, omnidirectional, figure of 8 (depending on capsule)
- Frequency response: 20Hz“20kHz
- Sensitivity (1kHz into 2.5kOhm): 50mV/Pa (±10mV depending on capsule)
- Rated impedance: 50 ohm
- Rated load impedance: No less than 1kOhm
- Nose level a-weighted (IEC 651): No more than 9dBV“14dBV (depending on capsule)
- Max output (1% THD into 2.5kOhm): +28dBV = 24.11 Vrms
- Max SPL (1.0% THD into 2.5kOhm): 139 dB
- Dynamic range (2.5kOhm load): 130dB
- Supply voltage (IEC 268-15): +48V phantom power (+35V minimum)
- Current draw: (typical AI+48V): 1.8mA