- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
BLUE Bottle Rocket Stage Two w/ B7 Capsule Bundle
- Write a Review
- Product 581311
- Free Shipping With Backstage Pass (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Blue Bottle Rocket Stage Two is an innovative and unique vacuum-tube microphone system for virtually any recording need. The Blue Stage Two combi...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Multipurpose B8 capsule for instrument and vocal recording, and B7 Cactus for "the classic vocal sound."
The Blue Bottle Rocket Stage Two is an innovative and unique vacuum-tube microphone system for virtually any recording need. The Blue Stage Two combines low noise and superb transient response with a choice of 9 different interchangeable capsules”the Bottle Caps. In an instant, change these bayonet-mount mic capsules for a stunning variety of tonal characteristics and pickup patterns without shutting off the power. Get all of the capsules, and it's like having an entire Blue microphone locker in a single system.
Precision-shaped and hand-assembled, the Bottle Rocket Stage Two is crafted for a lifetime of use. Its transformerless Class A discrete amplifier circuit is a thoroughly modern design with a nod to the classic circuits of yesteryear. With the Blue Stage Two mic's single hand-selected ECC88 vacuum tube, you'll hear musical detail and subtlety previously heard only in microphones costing thousands more. The Bottle Rocket Stage Two includes a custom-built flight case, a high-definition tube mic cable, and a shockmount. You also get the innovative Powerstream power supply, which not only ensures ultra-stable performance but also features a soft-start feature that maximizes tube life and minimizes startup time.
Capsules designed for any mission
Both the Stage One and Stage Two Bottle Rockets can take advantage of the Bottle Caps, Blue's family of 9 interchangeable capsules with different tonal characteristics and pickup patterns. Each Bottle Cap is designed to provide the recordist with the ultimate sonic solution for their respective application. Get them all and you'll have an entire Blue mic cabinet at your fingertips. This Stage Two bundle comes with the B8 All-Purpose "TPO”The Popular Opinion" Bottle Cap and the B7 Cactus.
B7 Cactus: Cardioid Large Diaphragm Single Backplate: "The classic vocal sound"
This single backplate capsule is Blue's version of the unmistakably warm sound ascribed to the great 1950's tube microphones. A boost in the upper midrange response brings out just the right amount of intimate detail for vocal tracks that demand extra presence.
¢ Classic vintage detailed mids with airy presence
¢ Suggested Applications: Lead vocals, background vocals, saxophone, flugelhorn, clean or distorted electric guitar, pedal steel and slide guitar, organ, conventional jazz recording.
The Bottle Caps
¢ B0 Capsule (270709) - Airy top end, silky vocal sound
¢ B1 (270710): Capsule - Ultimate acoustic instrument mic
¢ B2 (270711) Capsule - Vintage, rich ribbon sound with muted top end and detailed midrange
¢ B3 (270712) Capsule - Accurate, neutral sound
¢ B4 (270713) Capsule - Live and orchestral applications
¢ B5 Capsule (270714) - Dramatic top and bottom
¢ B6 Capsule (270715) - The renowned Blue sonic signature”smooth, liquid presence
¢ B7 Capsule (270716) - Today's vintage sound
¢ B8 Capsule - All-purpose "TPO" (The Popular Opinion) sound”the default Bottle Cap
- Includes both the B8 and B7 Bottle Caps
- Stage Two is usable with 9 interchangeable "Bottle Cap" capsules”get them all & it's like a full Blue mic locker
- Precision-shaped and hand-assembled to Blue's standard of quality
- Acoustical operating principal: Pressure gradient or pure pressure (depending on capsule)
- Directional pattern: Cardioid, omnidirectional, figure of 8 (depending on capsule)
- Frequency response: 20Hz“20kHz
- Sensitivity (1kHz into 2.5kOhm): 50mV/Pa (±10mV depending on capsule)
- Rated impedance: 50 ohm
- Rated load impedance: No less than 1kOhm
- Nose level a-weighted (IEC 651): No more than 9dBV“14dBV (depending on capsule)
- Max output (1% THD into 2.5kOhm): +28dBV = 24.11 Vrms
- Max SPL (1.0% THD into 2.5kOhm): 139 dB
- Dynamic range (2.5kOhm load): 130dB
- Supply voltage (IEC 268-15): +48V phantom power (+35V minimum)
- Current draw: (typical AI+48V): 1.8mA