- Product 603274
Event S250-N 250W 15" Powered Subwoofer
- Write a Review
The 20/20 S250 is designed for control rooms and project studios where space is at a premium, and complete control over system bass response and Dolb...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
High-end performance in a small, low-cost package.
The 20/20 S250 is designed for control rooms and project studios where space is at a premium, and complete control over system bass response and Dolby LFE (Low Frequency Effects) channel information is required. This sub is ideal for recording musicians who previously shied away from surround-sound monitoring due to high costs.
The S250 features a custom 15" long-throw woofer and 250W linear power amp, providing the high SPL low-frequency output necessary for multichannel production work. The bass management circuitry is identical as well, with 6 discrete, active, balanced inputs with pass-throughs, independent controls for the LFE and mains channels, and continuously variable phase control. This lets the listener compensate for phase differences that arise from subwoofer and mains-to-listener placement.
Signals appearing at the S250's LFE input are fed to the 250W linear amplifier through
a dedicated crossover. The other 5 inputs - designed to accommodate the 5 mains channels - are summed into an additional bass channel and fed to the amplifier via a second, continuously variable crossover. By setting the crossover to match the natural low frequency roll-off of the mains users can extend the overall LF response of their entire system well below the natural roll-off of the mains.
- Powerful output
- Provides solid musical foundation
- Perfect for the control room or project studio
- Low-frequency driver: long-throw, 15" coated paper cone with foam surround and high-temperature voice coil
- Frequency response: 28Hz-120Hz, -3dB
- Amplifier power: 250W, linear
- LFE crossover: -3dB at 120Hz, 3rd order
- Monitor blend crossover: -3dB, variable 30Hz-80Hz, third order
- Maximum sound pressure level: 117dB peak @ 1 meter
- Noise: >100dB below full output, 1kHz bandwidth
- Inputs: one LFE channel, 5 mains monitor channels. All inputs 40kOhm balanced via gold combination XLR 1/4" connectors
- Monitor input sensitivity: 1.1V at any monitor input produces full output with monitor group input sensitivity control at maximum.
- LFE input sensitivity: 0.35V at any LFE input produces full output with LFE input sensitivity control at maximum
- Pass-through outputs: one LFE channel pass-through, 5 mains monitor channel pass-throughs, all via male XLR connectors
- Controls: LFE input sensitivity, polarity invert, phase delay, monitor group input sensitivity, monitor input disable, monitor-sub crossover tuning, mains
- Power indicators: power on/overload LED
- Polarity: positive signal at any + input produces outward LF cone displacement (with polarity invert off)
- Cabinet: 3/4" vinyl-laminated MDF, internally insulated
- Dimensions: 20-1/4"W x 17-1/2"H x 17"D
- Weight: 64 lbs.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
This sub woofer provides an outstanding low freq. foundation for the Event 20/20 powered monitors. The low end is clean and powerful and the cabinet is beautiful. At this price point it is the obvious winner. It's only flaw is that it does not have a high-pass output, making it suitable only for monitors that do not need a low freq. cut off (high pass output signal) to improve their mid-bass and midrange response. I am using this sub in my home studio and have found that it's placement is extremely flexible thanks to it's adjustable freq. response, phase control and polarity switch.